Monday, June 16, 2008

The Simple Woman DayBook

Photobucket
Many thanks to The Simple Woman for giving us this opportunity to share in this journal For more daybooks or to join in visit her site at
http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com
For Today
Outside my Window... I am so sad to say is a lovely old maple tree that is dying. I'd say that probably 3/4 of the branches are now bare, and my husband is calling a treeman today to set up its removal. I am so sad to see trees cut down.

I am thinking...I am glad to be feeling so productive today. It isn't 9 yet this morning, and I have finished all of my upstairs chores. It is a great day!

I am thankful for...my family who is so supportive during stressful times. My 85 year old mother called me this morning sounding so chipper and "up". She was feeling good and was full of ideas and plans. I love it when she is talking about her plans for the day and special events she is cooking up. This week she and I are planning the refreshments for next week's Bible Study.


From the kitchen...I am making homemade spaghetti sauce, over linguine, a fruited salad with strawberries, blueberries, pineapple bits, pecans, and bit of mango, and a scrumptious piece of toasted Tuscan bread!


I am creating... a much more inviting master bedroom by getting rid of all the junkie stuff that accumulates on the radiators and side tables. When I removed all that stuff I realized anew just how much wonderful the bedroom is. Now what to do with all these magazines!!


I am going...to take my dad to the doctor today. He has been experiencing a lot of dizziness the last couple of days. The last thing we need is for him to fall!


I am wearing... A white tee shirt and a pair of shorts. It will be the low nineties here today!

I am reading...I am still reading Katheen Givens's
Rivals for the Crown
, which I love. Her books are so captivating.

I am hoping...for good news today from Amanda and Joshua, my daughter and SIL, who are expecting news about his job offer in Boston. As much as I hate to see them move there, I am excited for their good fortune.

I am hearing...my Celtic Woman cd is playing Beyond the Sea, made popular in the 60's by Bobby Darin. A lovely rendition!


Around the house...yesterday my dear husband, Lynn, got several pictures hung which had been a long time coming! I am going from room to room admiring the new walls.

One of my favorite things...is listening to celtic music. It really puts me in touch with my roots.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...mainly I am looking forward to the weekend and Amanda's and Joshua's visit. On Friday, my mother and I will meet Jane and Becky, some cousins, for luncheon at Panera to plan a family reunion coming up next week.

Here is a picture I thought I'd share with you...
Photobucket
Just look how much better with the radiators clear! Goodness!HAHA!

6 comments:

  1. Your room looks so peaceful and inviting! I just de-cluttered ours a couple of weeks ago, and all I want to do now is enjoy time in it, whether reading, lesson planning, ironing, whatever, lol! Isn't it amazing what 'stuff' does to our frame of mind? I'm purging a *lot* in the weeks to come. I want every room to feel that way.

    May your daughter and SIL get the news they want!

    Have a lovely week!
    Shani

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room looks wonderful. :) I think my master bedroom could do with a little organizing too.

    And your fruit salad sounds wonderful. I'm sure it will be super tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bedroom picture is so inspiring! I enjoyed finding your blog through the Simple Woman's Daybook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room is lovely. I like the contrast of a painted wall and wall paper. Enjoy your Mother, what a blessing that she is still active and going strong at her age. I pray all goes well with your Dad's Dr. visit. Yesterday was the second Father's Day without mine. It was bittersweet.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice photo of your room! Thanks for sharing your day. I posted my first daybook today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure that link is working right.

    Try this:

    http://www.xanga.com/momtoH_VandJ/661827628/item.html

    Or try:

    http://www.xanga.com/momtoH_VandJ and look for the daybook entry on June 16, 2008.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~