Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Family Reunion

Even though when I was little we used to get together so very much when we went to see Granny, as the wheels of time have turned so fast furiously, we just dont get together that much anymore, but when we do, the love is always still so strong. The wrinkles and greying hair testify to the ravages of time, but our hearts still beat in unison because of the bonds we forged these many years ago. Today my dad's family got together. At first we seemed a little stilted because for many of us it had been forty years since we'd last seen the other, But at last it was as if time had stood still, the years just rolled back like a scroll.This particular reunion brought together two branches of Granny's family tree. She had several half brothers and sisters. Years ago we had been so chummy and cousinly. It was wonderful to see everyone once again!My dad, being the oldest there officiated. He was the only one who actually knew our Great granddad who lived from 1869-1929.
Photobucket Photobucket This picture shows three generations, the only living males of our branch of the family tree. It actually is very much easier to schedule this type of reunion in the back room of your local eatery. Great food and no dishes.Photobucket Photobucket. Of course, my dh and sil probably wondered, "what are we doing here?" at first,Photobucket but they finally got in th groove, too.
Photobucket and then just as the fun really got started, my camera batteries died. I'm hoping for shared pictures soon. For documentation purposes, however, I wanted to share what I could about this wonderful event.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    What a wonderful family reunion! You are so blessed to have so many family members to gather together.
    I loved your "My Husband Rocks" post about your daughter's adoption and how your husband was from the start. My husband adopted my oldest son, Matt, the same week our own son, Russ, was born. He always says he had 2 sons in one week! He was the perfect dad from the very start. We are 2 blessed girls aren't we?
    Thank you for your sweet comments! I love your blog and will visit often. Please come back and visit me, we'll sit and have some tea and chat awhile!
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some fun pictures I'll try to send to you soon! It was a really great reunion and I'm glad Josh and I could be there for it!

    Love,
    dd

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~