Saturday, June 28, 2008

Finding Peace

Suzanne of Blueberry Cottage asked the question,
"Where do you find peace?"
Photobucket
I find peace mainly in God's word. "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster,
to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray,
I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me
when you seek me. I will be found by you," says the LORD. Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
When trouble comes knocking on my door, which is inevitable, I turn to the Word.
Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
When I am confused, and the world seems to be closing in on me and I feel lost and uncertain, I read God's Word and it comforts me.Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
When I am consumed with need, whether for myself or for a loved one or friend, when I suffer or see a suffering brother or sister, When life's trials seek to cause me to falter,when temptation seeks to rule my heart, I cling to the Word of God.
I write this to you who believe in the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life. And we can be confident that he will listen to us
whenever we ask him for anything in line with his will.
And if we know he is listening when we make our requests,
we can be sure that he will give us what we ask for. 1 John 5:13-15
I find my peace in Jesus!
Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Colossians 3:15
These photos were taken by my dear friend, Dottie, on our field trip to the Daylily/hosta farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~