Friday, June 27, 2008

Show and Tell Friday

Show and Tell

Welcome to “Wings of Eagles” as I join in with Kelli's Show and Tell Friday.

Have I ever had an amazing morning. A group of my dearest friends and I traveled over to the next county to visit a hosta/day lily farm. Mr. Osborne says he only does this as a hobby, but believe me, it is a full time job. I dont remember exactly how may varieties of each he has, but there are definitely hundreds, and to say they are beautiful is complete understatement. A few pictures is worth a thousand words.Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
I returned home with 3 day lily clumps, 2 bright red and one the very most delicate peach. I cant wait to take Lynn back there this weekend and buy some hosta, but first I have to find a shady spot suitable for planting a hosta display! I am so inspired. Absolutely phenomenal!

9 comments:

  1. Great photos. I love Hosta's they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!! I love hostas, except I don't have any shade for them here...so there are none in my garden. It's nice to see them. Thanks for sharing.

    ~Blessings,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carolyn,

    Wow - anyone that can garden like that has me green with envy! :) I enjoy all the pictures - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty flowers! how nice he lets you take a bit of his garden home with you!

    love,
    dd

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my Mitford friend,
    Thanks so much for taking us along on your trip to the daylily/hosta farm! Those are some absulutely gorgeous plants! I could have stayed there all day and just enjoyed all the beautiful blooms ~ so pretty! Hope you have a nice weekend!!
    Hugs, Bebe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea there were so many varieties of hostas! The photos are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the beautiful tour Schotzy, it's nice to meet you :). I love day lilies and hosta's, you'll enjoy each one of them. You have a wonderful blog home, I look forward to another visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing how many different varieties and different colors of daylilies there are. I'm sure you'll enjoy the ones you took home for your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful gardens! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~