Monday, June 2, 2008


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



The Simple Woman's Daybook!
after visiting The Simple woman's blog, I am compelled to join in and post along with her's my simple pleasure, thoughts, and pasttimes!


~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
(http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY June 2, 2008

Outside My Window...the morning sunlight filters through the trees in dappled effect, as birds begin their morning chatter.

I am thinking... of the myriad chores I have planned for the day, mainly of taking my parents on several shopping stops this glorious morning.

I am thankful for...my precious family, my dear husband, who is more and more thoughtful with each passing day...my daughter and wonderful son-in-law, who continue to make us so proud as they finish their education at university this summer and are preparing to move on to Boston in pursuit of his job...my parents who in their upper eighties, God continues to provide their good health and state of mind. I praise the Lord for them every day.

From the kitchen...I can still smell the savory aroma or fresh brewed french roast coffee, the lingering scent of fried bacon, and cheesy scrambled eggs. I love breakfast best of all meals!!

I am wearing...my cosy white, terry spa lounging wrapper.

I am creating...a reorganized corner in my studio to house my oil painting supplies, and site to hold my easel and brushes. The yen to paint is hard upon me, but the studio must be made ready!

I am going...to be spending some serious time this afternoon doing my Bible study on Beth Moore's "The Patriarchs". This indepth study requires much commitment to spending time in comparative study from the OT and the NT.

I am reading...Lynn Kurland's new book "With Every Breath" It is so good! I love Lynn Kurland's Scottish romances!

I am hoping...to be able to sojourn in Scotland for at least a month when my dear husband finally retires.

I am hearing...a very happy exchange between the crows and the mqgpies outside my window at this very moment. Well, perhaps happy may not be the best word to describe the raucous.

Around the house...I have very exciting plans for several weekend projects including, building a wall of cabinets on the breakfast nook side of the kitchen, finishing retiling around the tub in the upstairs bath,and a much more complicated bathroom redo on the main level. Oh, for the funds to be able to get these all done this summer!!

One of my favorite things...is to sit in my secret place, worshipping the Lord in spirit and truth, spending quality time in His presence, reading His word, and listening for His still voice. Praise the Lord, that we have access to the living God!
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I go to Bible study tomorrow, a home group luncheon on Wednesday, I substitute in a second grade classroom on Thursday, Friday is my own day to do whatever I like, and Saturday I set up for and preside over my Sunday School class picnic at our church pavillion.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



This is our newly redone den. We had the chair reupholstered, and replaced the sofa.

2 comments:

  1. What a nice looking room. I love the color of the paint on the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i vote for new (or none at all) window treatments in the den! ;>)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~