Saturday, November 29, 2008

Decking the Halls

This has been a great day for decking the halls! Just enough drear and cold outside to make one wonder if there'll be a White Christmas! It was also wonderful to hear the Hokies beat the Cavs as was decorating the tree!First of all, we had to move a bit of furniture around to find a place to put the tree. Then, of course, umpteen cleaning jobs reveal themselvs when furniture is moved, like cleaning baseboards, dusting, polishing, and rearranging things in other rooms to make room for new pieces. Goodness, it becomes a huge task!
Finally, the tree is up, light bulbs are replaced and the decorating begins! I love prelit trees. They go together in a snap and once the burned out bulbs are replaced it seems a cinch to have gotten together!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I reworked the Chrismons tree and now it looks like this:
Photobucket
Photobucket
So now if you were stopping in for hot cocoa, this is what you'd see as you stepped into the great hall!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

9 comments:

  1. Such beautiful trees.. I'm so envious. Mine's not up yet.., but yours is so vey lovely, maybe they will inspire me to get going. Happy Pink Saturday and have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely and inviting! I love your big tree, your crochet ornaments, and your felt ornament tree! We are doing ours tomorrow and I'm VERY excited! Thank you for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how beautiful! You've done an excellent job! I'm getting behind in my decorating!! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love some hot cocoa thank you. I will bring the "pink" Marshmellos.. your decorations are beautiful :)EllenL

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tree looks wonderful! I'm glad it worked out to keep it in the same corner- now we can see it through the window. I love your Chrismons tree too- very neat idea! Can't wait to be at home for Christmas!!

    Love you,
    the little green elf

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the trees, Carolyn, so pretty and welcome. I just MIGHT pop over for a hot chocolate and a chat....I wish, lol

    Hugs from Marian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful decorations. It truly is Christmas in your home. I want a pre-lit Christmas tree. Gorgeous.

    I saw the pink tree dish you posted. Since I posted the dishes I found four on Ebay, I now am expecting them in the mail. They are so pretty. It's a start.

    Hugs...Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed looking at your wonderful Christmas Decorations. I am in the midst of getting mine up now. It can be a "chore" but a FUN one!!

    Beautiful Blessings~Kelly Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed looking at your wonderful Christmas Decorations. I am in the midst of getting mine up now. It can be a "chore" but a FUN one!!

    Beautiful Blessings~Kelly Maria

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~