Monday, November 17, 2008

The Simple Woman Daybook


The Simple Woman, Peggy, hosts this meme each Monday. It is a great way to start each new week!
FOR TODAY :November 17, 2008

Outside my window...a rosy dawn is spreading across the eastern sky. Grey clouds intersperse to create a mottled and wintry scene. It is 30 degrees and the forecast calls for light snow today!

I am thinking...about some issues that have to be settled this week. I and a group of ladies from our church need prayers for wisdom and unity.

I am thankful for... good friends who wish to serve the Lord together and be effectual in the church!

From the kitchen... Lynn is brewing his wonderful morning coffee, and I will be continuing Weight Watcher's this week. No baking in sight!

I am wearing...a black turtle neck, and cinnamon cords!I need to put on some socks, BRRRR!

I am creating...some homemade Chrismons ornaments.

I am going...to be working on my Believing God Bible study as much as possible today and tomorrow. I have gotten behind.

I am reading...Believing God, by Beth Moore and Power of the Blood by Bob Sorge!

I am hoping...that I can really stay on my eating plan this week. I am feeling much better and the core plan is really a good one for me!

I am hearing...the music on my blog. I love the excerpts from Pride and Prejudice!

Around the house...I need to work on the private areas, up stairs. My studio is rather out of sorts and the guest room looks more like a laundry.


One of my favorite things...is soft luxury socks. My feet are a part of me I am pampering more and more I have such trouble with them.


A few plans for the rest of the week: I am going to the P. Buckley Moss meeting tonight, Bible study on Tuesday, Priscilla Shirer, Wednesday- the Ageless Group at my old church, Wednesday night Bible study with Pastor Chip along with our fellowship dinner, and Thursday I am singing in the Senior choir at a local nursing home, then attending a SAM'S Thanksgiving luncheon at church then the Believing God study that night! I am meeting the gals for breakfast Friday morning! Saturday morning our prayer group is meeting together to learn the precepts of effectual corporate prayer. Another full week!


Here is picture I am sharing...
Photobucket
Have a great week!!

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the Jim Shore Angel in your picture! I have 3 of them and adore them as well.

    Hugs from Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy week you have scheduled! How do you fit it all in? What do you do regarding P. Buckley Moss? I taught at a Mennonite school for four years, so needless to say, P. Buckley Moss was a favourite of everyone. There is a gallery of her work in St Pete, FL, and I did one of the most complicated cross-stitches I have ever done: it was "Cinders" the black cat in the snow scene. Anyway, sounds like you have a great week lined up. Thanks for sharing! :-) Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my daybook! I'm glad you've been feeling better on your eating plan. What kinds of things do you eat or not eat? I have trouble with my feet, too (plantar fasciitis (not plantar warts) and fibromyalgia, not to mention 90 extra pounds on 53-year-old feet!). Pretty pic!

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture in your daybook. Sounds like you have a very busy week ahead of you. I pray all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your picture looks so pretty. It looks like you've been doing some decoration. I have been wishing for snow but we haven't had any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so busy it makes my head spin! It all sounds like worthwhile activities, though. I've been thinking of trying WW, myself. I need to quit thinking and do!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~