Monday, November 3, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Photobucket
Peggy, at The Simple Woman hosts each Monday. What a great way to start each week! Check her site for more.
For Today...
Outside my Window...a grey day is dawning
I am thinking...I will be so glad when this election is over. is it me or has rhis been going on forever! So much money spent, so much division!
I am wearing...my pajamas...not dressed yet!
I am thankful for...I am echoing what Peggy had to say, No one could say it any better!!! "a God that is Sovereign over nations! That while we are much too small to understand the scope and sequence that the book of Revelation bares, God is not and brings down Godless rulers. He will have his way even if he uses the election of a sad choice on Tuesday to bring it forth. So be of good cheer...God is very much on the throne!!!!!!"
From the kitchen...fresh ground, fresh brewed coffee. We used the new coffee mill yesterday. It is so wonderful, Amanda!!
I am reading...Beth Moore's Believing God, Priscilla Shirer's Can We Talk?, and Adrian Roger's Kingdom Authority
I am hoping...that this week will be fun and adventurous
I am creating...the pamphlet that promotes out church prayer ministry
I am hearing...Phil Keaggy, In the Bleak Midwinter- yes, I love Christmas music and it has already begun for me!
Around the house...getting the last of the laundry done and ready to pack for our trip
One of my favorite things...going away and staying in hotels. We didn't vacation much at all this year so I am rather giddy this morning!
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...I am meeting Dottie for coffee this morning, then home to prepare for our business trip to Richmond. Well, Lynn has to work- I get to play and shop. I hope to meet up with an old friend I taught with 30 years ago! We will return by week's end. Hope to go see Bob Sorge speak on Saturday night.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
last night was so beautiful. The new moon was coming up over our church when we arrived at 6pm. I love having our old time back! I love evening ,as well as morning. Last night was so deliciously long!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I just love the beauty of our church. I am such a traditionalist, I suppose. I feel we need to hang on our traditions as long as we can! Never before have I felt such a strong call to protect our God given rights, and opportunities.

6 comments:

  1. I love Christmas music too!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciated what you said about the outcome of tomorrow's election. I've been flip-flopping back and forth between near panic and complete rest-God is sovereign and is on His throne! Thank you for the comforting words.
    I also wanted to say I love the pictures you posted. They're beautiful.
    And one more thing. :-)
    I too have felt the urgency to protect our God given rights and freedoms. I think our days of enjoying those are numbered....
    Anyway-I thoroughly enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you and Peggy. I know that God is in charge. His will will be done even in this election. We are not meant to understand the whys and whatfors of things only God knows. I tell Honey Bear that I am not going to worry about the economy or whether our house will sale. I know God will take care of us. He has a plan and He told us not to worry.

    I like when it gets dark early. I love burning candles and having a cozy fire. We had one in our pit on the porch last night.
    Enjoy your trip. I love traveling with my hubby, too.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Christmas music, in fact, I listen to it all year! Goofy me! Loving the new look for the blog. I agree with you and Peggy - God knows what he is doing and his ways are not our ways - Good thing! Much love, Raquel XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures really are pretty. As we sailed down the highway, making our way back home from Dallas Saturday night, I was struck by how "homey" the homes we passed looked. It was dark outside, and the lights shown from within like welcoming beacons.

    I agree with you, this election 'seems' like the longest I've ever lived through! How nice that you and Hubby are getting away; and even nicer yet that you get to shop and maybe meet up with an old friend.

    Take care, and come back refreshed. I plan to, from our camping trip.

    PS-Thank you so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pictures. Thank you.
    Yes, that we protect our God given rights and opportunities. GOD HELP US!
    Phil Keaggy is one our favorite musicians also.
    Have a nice get-away with your husband. My husband and I just returned from a trip that was very timely. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~