Monday, November 10, 2008

The Simle Woman's Daybook

Photobucket
The Simple Woman, Peggy, hosts this meme each Monday. It is a great way to start each new week!
FOR TODAY :November 10, 2008
Outside my window...the sun is up, the sky is clear, and folks are streaming past the house on their way to work this morning. I have a little later start on this this week!
I am thinking...I am so glad Lynn took today off to make a long weekend- we have several errands this morning!
I am thankful for... the many blessings that God has bestowed on our family! We serve such a generously, bountiful God. His ways are wondrous.
From the kitchen... there are no plans to even be in the kitchen. Lynn is taking me to breakfast and who knows after that.
I am wearing...jeans and a sweater. It is brrrrrr, chilly this morning!
I am creating...a new tablescape for a post tomorrow.
I am going...to a huge plumbing supply that is going out of business this morning. We need to purchase the shower apparatus that goes with the sink faucet we installed last year- would it ever be great to get that bathroom project finally completed!
I am reading...Believing God, by Beth Moore and Unrelenting Prayer by Bob Sorge!
I am hoping...that I can really stay on my eating plan this week. It was really difficult doing that last week eating out every meal. Thankfully, I didnt get set back! Yay!
I am hearing...the morning news blaring out on the radio in the bedroom. When Lynn is here there are changes in the household atmosphere= not bad ones, but definitely different!
Around the house...Things are not as neat as I like. Since no one will be here for Thanksgiving, I am going ahead with some Christmas planning and decorating.
One of my favorite things...I love surprises! Just this minute Lynn brought a surprise gift he picked up in Richmond for me! What a sweetie!
A few plans for the rest of the week: We have Symphony tickets for tonight, Bible study on Tuesday, Priscilla Shirer, Wednesday- the Ageless Group at my old church, Wednesday night along with our fellowship dinner, and Thursday night, Beleiving God! Whew! I have my 6 month lipitor blood check on Thursday, yuck, and my allergy shot on Friday!
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Photobucket
The last day I subbed last month I was in this room. The school was opened in 1975 and this was my first room- I was teaching fourth grade and there was one big difference. We had no side walls anywhere. We were supposed to use our furniture as room dividers. I could look over the cabinets and see artwork hanging from the ceiling all the way down the hall in the kindergarten classes!It took us at least 10 years to gradually add the dividing walls due to budget issues. The open space schools of the 70's were real bummers!The bathroom was right in front of this classroom with its huge community sink right there within sight of my teacher's desk. It was such a design debacle!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness ~ I had forgotten about the open classroom thing ~ but had to suffer through it when I was a student in the 70s. Yikes! Whose idea was that?! You're right, it was chaos! Blessings to you! You have such a joyful way about you ~ I've enjoyed visiting your blog this morning. (Oh, and what a beautiful seasonal design and header!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and thanks for visiting Shore's End. I enjoyed visiintg with you today. The atmosphere of your blog is very warm and spiritual. I like that you too and so many others are actively encouraging prayer for Obama and our new administration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! Thanks for sharing and stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. Thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoyed your daybook.

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is a very busy week you have! I would be overwhelmed just doing the schedualing. We sure were crazy in the '70's. What on earth were we thinking?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~