Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dreary Week

I'd been looking forward to this week for some time now as we journey across our lovely state of Virginia to spend a few days in Richmond. Lynn is in meetings while I have the day to myself. The trip down was thankfully uneventful except for the dreary, damp, overcast skies that deadened the glory of the autumn color-
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
The hotel, the Marriott Fairfield is alright, but we would have much preferred the Courtyard across the street! The lobby really is so drear!
Photobucket
The location here is limited in scope of exciting venues and Lynn prefers I not venture too far afield- so I brought a ton of reading- I picked up Northanger Abbey and it, too, is drear! Poor Catherine has been ousted from the Tilney's home, the Abbey, to return to Fullerton in disgrace, with no explanation and her heart is torn asunder! With only a few chapters to go, I hope for happy resolutions to this unfortunate circumstance!
My consolation today it seems is that when I checked my lovely Scottish webcam to peek in at the Cuillins of Skye, they shared our dreary atmosphere!
Photobucket So I feel at peace with the doldrums now and will venture forth with Catherine and hope for sunnier skies on the morrow! I at least know I will be venturing out to Kohl's then as well! That has to offer some respite! Off to my reading chair! Be blessed!
PS I'm just kidding! I failed to tell you, I love drear! That is why I love Scotland so much! Now off to snuggle in my robe and nestle into my great book!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures Schotzy! I love the autumn colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it sounds like a day to snuggle up with a good book and a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~