Monday, November 24, 2008

The Simple Woman Daybook

Photobucket
FOR TODAY~November 24, 2008
Outside my window...a fiery sun rise is peeking over the treetops. A lovely day is dawning at 27 degrees this morning at 7:30 am.
I am thinking...I hope I can get a lot of Christmas decorating done this week. December is nearly here, and therein begins a very hectic funfilled month of activity!
I am thankful for...how God is always at work behind the scenes working out the details in our lives. How He has kept my parents well this long and how He is helping Amanda and Joshua in their endeavors to complete their post graduate degrees in time for us all to be able to enjoy the holidays and for them to be able to make their move to Boston.
From the kitchen...a bag of dry cereal is calling my name. I am happy to announce I have lost 6 pounds and I am not thinking about baking today!
I am wearing...My warm winter white trousers and my purple and white striped blouse with purple pullover.
I am creating...a set of Chrismons ornaments. I need to apply a coat of modgepodge today and then attach silver string hangers.
I am going...to take dad to the doctor this morning for bloodwork.
I am reading...In His Face, by Bob Sorge!
I am hoping...for some snow for Christmas. It just makes it so much better all around!!!
I am hearing... My neighbor out hammering on his garage~He has completely torn down his old one and rebuilt a triple twostory garage in its place. He is trying to get it under roof. He has done a marvelous job all by himself!
Around the house...I am putting up the tree and decorating the living room today.
One of my favorite things...is anything by Thomas KinKade. I love this painter of light! I particularly love his English cottages, but I am ordering the Garden of Prayer for our church prayer room.
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday: Take dad to the doctor then visit a while with mom.
Return home and finish the ornaments and put up the Christmas tree. read in my Priscilla Shirer Bible study manual, Can We Talk!
Tuesday: Morning Bible study, go down to Graphics, Inc to purchase a medallion from P.Buckley Moss with a friend. Hopefully get coffee out somewhere. wednesday night church functions have changed to tonight due to the holiday.
Wednesday: Work on decorating the house somemore.
Thursday: Enjoy the morning with Lynn- let him fix me breakfast, then bake my individual corn puddings and cranberry sauce to take to Amandas later. Pick up mom and dad and travel to Blacksburg for Thanksgiving with the kids and the Wangs'. Try to stay on my diet!
Friday: Allergy shot, breakfast out, and do some last minute Black Friday activities- finish off that shopping list.
Here is picture thought I am sharing..
Last week we met that the Ronald mcDonald House for our P Buckley Moss meeting and they had it decorated so beautifully. This wreath hung over the mantel. I love the plaque incorporated in it that represents our fair city.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Be sure to stop in at The Simple Woman for all the other Daybooks today!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty blog. Thanks for sharing today. I hope you have a good week with your family. It feels awfully cold today...I hope you stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you put this background up on your blog? It's so pretty.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so looking forward to the Christmas season. Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great daybook, I also love Thomas Kinkade :)


    My Daybook Entry

    ReplyDelete
  5. HELLO DEAR.WHAT DO YOU DO WITH ALL THIS SPARE TIME YOU HAVE?MERCY,YOU MAKE ME TIRED.HAHA...ANN

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a busy little bee!

    Congratulations on the weight loss, that's terrific!

    I love how you always glorify God in your blog posts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopping by to let you know about the holiday giveaway on my nativity blog.

    Here’s the link:
    http://carolanativitygallery.blogspot.com/2008/11/holiday-giveaway.html
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~