Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tempt My Tummy, Tuesday

Lisa, at Blessed with Grace hosts this theme every week. Check out her site.
I have joined Weight Watchers just in time for the holidays!:)
I am doing the Core plan because I hate counting points. I have been assigned to bring the cranberry sauce to our Thanksgiving dinner so I found this Core friendly recipe for Cranberry Salad.
Cranberry Salad
12 servings
Cook one pkg cranberries in 1 cup water and juice from pineapple until they pop.
Dissolve 2 sm pkgs sugar-free strawberry jello into cranberries.
Pour into 9x13 pan.
Add:
1 large can crushed pineapple
2 mashed bananas
2 finely chopped apples
Sweetener to equal 1 cup sugar
Dash salt
1 can diet strawberry soda
(can substitute diet strawberry 7-UP)
Chill until ready to serve.
And here is a Cranberry Orange Relish
Ingredients
12 oz cranberries, fresh
1 medium orange(s), navel, washed, peeled,and cut into chunks
2T. Orange zest
1 cup Splenda
1 piece(s) ginger root, fresh, peeled, about 1-inch, chopped
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Instructions
Put cranberries, orange, sugar, ginger and cinnamon in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Scrape into a serving bowl (or a plastic container if making ahead). Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yields about 1/3 cup per serving.
You can make this relish up to 5 days ahead.
This recipe is great as a spread for leftover turkey sandwiches or as an accompaniment to roast pork or chicken.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. My that sounds so delicious! I would love to try this recipe. Thank you for sharing it.

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all things cranberry; this sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I like your new look for the holidays. Thanks for participating in TMTT, today. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~