It is snowing outside! I am always excited about the first snowflakes of the season. It really thrilled me when I was teaching and the hopeful prospect for an unplanned day off. My school system was rural and we got called off at the drop of a hat compared to the city schools where Amanda attended. Amanda used to love to come home to a warm home with a pot of something simmering on the stove. Poor child had to come home every other day of the school year to a cold house with a cranky mom who didnt want to fix anything for dinner. I always loved to make the snowday arrival home from school something special for her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Farewell
After 17 years of blogging I am pretty sad to just fade out with hardly anyone showing any farewell, concern about my surger...
-
After 17 years of blogging I am pretty sad to just fade out with hardly anyone showing any farewell, concern about my surger...
-
Vee at A Haven for Vee hosts this lovely post every third Wednesday and I am a first time poster on it...To peruse my photos lo...
-
For more Tabletop Tuesday visit Susan at Between Naps on the Porch . Last night we celebrated an informal, homey meal with just a tad of raz...
Awwwwww! I can always go for a pot of something hot and delicious! By the way, it's snowing here too! I couldn't believe it! The ground is white and flurries are everywhere!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Amanda!
Snow. I am SO jealous!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! We love snow, too, but rarely get it since we're in the southeast. But we did get some Tuesday! We were so thrilled!
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy your week.
Thank you for visiting me.
~ Christina