Monday, November 17, 2008

SNOW

PhotobucketPhotobucket
It is snowing outside! I am always excited about the first snowflakes of the season. It really thrilled me when I was teaching and the hopeful prospect for an unplanned day off. My school system was rural and we got called off at the drop of a hat compared to the city schools where Amanda attended. Amanda used to love to come home to a warm home with a pot of something simmering on the stove. Poor child had to come home every other day of the school year to a cold house with a cranky mom who didnt want to fix anything for dinner. I always loved to make the snowday arrival home from school something special for her.

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwww! I can always go for a pot of something hot and delicious! By the way, it's snowing here too! I couldn't believe it! The ground is white and flurries are everywhere!

    Love you!
    Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! We love snow, too, but rarely get it since we're in the southeast. But we did get some Tuesday! We were so thrilled!

    I hope you enjoy your week.
    Thank you for visiting me.

    ~ Christina

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~