Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pink Saturday

Photobucket
Beverly, at How Sweet the Sound, hosts this celebration of PINK each week! I was thinking about 1973 when we lived in Germany, in a small village named Lampertheim.It was right outside the city of Mannheim. We lived at the foot of the Odenwald Mountain range which was dotted with feudal castles.I could look out my front window and see Auerbacher Schloss reflecting the setting sun like a rosy jewel. The stone of Auerbacher has a lot of iron mixed in it and it casts a rosy hue in the light. Photobucket
This photo shows the view looking back down the valley toward our house. You can see the red in the stone.
Photobucket
This was of course the first castle we visited there. It also housed a nice cafe which made for a jolly good place of respite on our Saturday jaunts.
I wish I could find a photo that shows just how wonderfully pink it looked in the setting sun. It was truly a fairytale castle to me!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

14 comments:

  1. Oh, this is wonderful. I love the photo through the archway - it feels like a fairy-tale.

    Thanks for sharing your memories of those days and a faraway place.

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW VERY BEAUTIFUL AND SO EXCITING FOR YOU.YOU MUST HAVE REALLY ENJOYED LIVING THERE AND ALL THERE WAS TO SEE AND LEARN.THESE PICTURES ARE TOTALLY AWESOME....ANN

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful. This posting just looks like a fairy tale. Love it. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lovely blog. Great prayer challenge! Happy pink day! Hugs Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah a Fairy Tale Castle! Happy Pink Saturday! ENJOY your day! Fifi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just simply beautiful, and such a fairytale it is. Happy Pinkness, and love the music...I am a fan of Annie.
    Kindredly,EllenL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful, and prettily pink! I regret that we didn't manage a trip to German while my daughter was living over there. Maybe someday, we'll get to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful photos and sweet memories.Happy Pink Saturday and have a grea week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. From the photos it looks like something out of a dream. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful memories! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos! How special for you!!
    Have a beautiful Sunday and
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pictures Schotzy! I am loving the Christmas look of your page today! I am a Christmas Nut too! I love your music as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carolyn, this is so interesting. And, beautiful! I can see why it was very special to you.

    Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~