Sunday, November 2, 2008

A New Season for Wings of Eagles

As we move into this new season of preparation,..... for the outcome of the election,.... the holidays,....the transition we have in our church...it is as if God is becoming more and more apparent to me. The veil is becoming thinner and thinner and I am seeing beyond what it physical right into the supernatural in so many areas,....Glory to God! I see the enemy is on the run. He knows his time is short and he is pulling out the stops in the world, in believer's lives, in the body of Christ. This election is definitely a spiritual battle. Already it has caused division in families- mine, included. It has caused division in communities and across the country. I can just mention Sarah Palin's name and be personally attacked- even in my mother's church- I was personally attached 2 times in a matter of five minutes by two separate people whom I have known and loved for years. Satan wants inmity, strife, and he uses confusion, deception, and fear to bring about his purposes. But...
he is impotent before God! Hallelujah! He is nothing and can do nothing without the express will of the Father that allows him to wreak havoc. And why? To test His children, to cause them to act in His righteousness and thus to bring the glory to Himself. Just as my new banner attests, my attitude this week and in the coming weeks is turned toward God and His wonderful will in my life, in my community and in the world today. For this season I am promoting all that He has and is doing in our lives and demonstrating the truth of who He is. The study I am doing now is Believing God We must first of all :
Believe
  • He is who He says He is
  • He can do what He says He can do
  • I am who He says I am
  • I can do all things through Christ
  • His word is alive and active in me!

Oh, Father, help us to really know you and know that by your authority we have the power to effect real change in our homes, families, communities, and the world! Help us to pray with authority believing and we will give You all the glory! Amen!

4 comments:

  1. That was a very well written post. Not only do we, as believers, need to be praying about the outcome of this election, we need to be praying for peace following the election. As you said, families and friends are being divided, and for those in the world who are not walking in harmony with God, the enemy could have a heyday creating strife and chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say amen to your post. It occured as I read that we need to be careful. Careful to not allow evil to have any foothold in our lives. I think the best way to do that is to stay close to our Father. I need to pray more, read the word more and stress less. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want to give you a B I G cyber hug.

    Marian

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~