Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tablescape Thursday

I am sorry to be so late posting, but life gets hectic sometimes. This month we celebrate Amanda's Gotcha' Day- the day way back on November 9, 1985 when we drove to Philadelphia to pick her up at the International Airport at the grand old age of 15 weeks. This was the culmination of a long 15 months of waiting through our adoption process. Then our wonderful Son-in-law, Joshua's birthday is also this month, so we just found out yesterday that they were squeezing in a quickie visit to celebrate and for them to get to spend a little bit of time with my parents who are so crazy about the kids! So I was putting together a special table just for tonight!

Photobucket

Photobucket As the kids are preparing to move away following graduation I really want to make home just as inviting as possible and create an atmosphere of love and hospitality that will make them want to return often! I feel that the proper lighting sets an important tone or mood to everything.

Of course, this evening, there will be a completely different sense of candlelight.

We're celebrating Thanksgiving at Amanda's so I am thrilled to get to Mr. and Mrs. Pilgrim greet our guests this evening.

Photobucket

I am so fond of white china- its grace and simplicity are so amenable to any occasion. Here I have paired it with my porcelain china I purchased my first year of marriage in Germany. I hardly ever use it, because I am so scared of chipping it, but for this occasion I wanted to bring it out along with the silver (International- Joan of Arc)and I think Amanda will know just how special she and Josh are to us!

Photobucket

Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. You need to take care of first things first. As Arnold would say, "I'll be back".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is beautiful. Everything is so lovely. Thanks for the tour!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How inviting and festive! Love your new header-blessing to you and yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How inspiring that you celebrate a "Gotcha Day". It probably means more to Amanda than her birth date. After all, she knows she was a wanted and desired child.
    You have left nothing to chance. Everything is beautiful and all that is needed is your loving family gathered around the table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a dinner they will always remember and talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you are making everything so special for your family! We celebrate 'Adoption Day' at our house, also - what special memories!! Sally

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty table. I love the white china pieces too. You have so many more options! Your side board is beautiful too.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ~Liz~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those plates from Germany. So unique. And your pilgrims are so pretty. This is such an inviting table. Anyone would feel welcomed here. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a neat centerpiece!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table setting is exquisite and you also have a lovely dining room. Thank you for letting us peek inside!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a warm and inviting dining room! Beautiful tablescape...love the white china too. Your table is so elegant and charming. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the nice comment about my tablescape. I like the idea of the use of the napkins for placemats. A beautiful tablescape. Hope your family enjoyed your dinner. Deanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely table! I love the pilgrims & the pierced edge cake stand! How sweet that y'all celebrate "gotcha day"...love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You set a beautiful table. ~Lovely~ Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was even more exquisite in person! Thanks for all the effort you put into making us feel at home :) We loved it and I'm glad you're getting to enjoy your Germany dishes- they look like NEW!

    love,
    amanda :>D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking at pictures of your home is like looking at Better Homes & Garden, only muc better.

    I'm sure you all had a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~