Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Gothic with Jane

Photobucket
The fun starts tomorrow! I have my book ready to go and am looking forward to a wonderful read! To join in the fun visit here!

******
So I just read Chapter 1 and have been introduced to Catherine Morland. Daughter of a middleclass clergy man their family lived in the village of Fullerton, Wiltshire.Wiltshire is a county in the southwest quadrant of England- a land of gently rolling hills and lovely, gracious homes...
Photobucket Photobucket
as well as beautiful old farms ad country homes.PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket It is easy to imagine Catherine Morland growing up in such a beautiful scene.

4 comments:

  1. I saw this and went to check it out! It sounds like fun! I'll have to check it as we read for my book group. I'll have to leave a link to your page on the book group chapter discussions so people can check out all your wonderful Jane Austen information!! :) Have a blessed and beautiful day today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds fun!

    Hey, I came by to see your list of 20 Little Things to Treasure in Autumn, but I am not seeing it (the link came here but not to a 20 Things post...) Can you email me the link so I can find it? I really want to see what your ideas and favorites are, and thank you for being a part!

    Many Fall Blessings,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oddly enough I haven't read a lot of Jane Austin, although I have adored her books on film and watch them anytime they are on the telly. Recently we enjoyed a lovely series called Lost in Austin which we both really enjoyed and was a very unsual take on Pride and Prejudice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I'm glad you posted about this. I'm joining in.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~