Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thankful Thursday, 1000 Gifts

Photobucket
Iris, of Sting My Heart, hosts this opportunity to demonstrate our thankfulness and love for the Lord and His promises through his word each Thursday. Today I am sharing about Paul's prayer for believers found in Ephesians 1.
17I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit[f] of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, 20which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.
This section of scripture has always been so awesome to me. To think that I share in the inheritance of His so great power manifest through the Holy Spirit, even that power exerted in raising Christ from the dead, I am catapulted into a mind boggling realm of wonder. Where is the evidence of this awesome power in my life? In the life of the church? The study, Beleiving God, by Beth Moore is bringing this scripture and so much more to light. Finally, the eyes of my heart are being opened. Praise God!Thank you, Jesus!
Photobucket
In an effort to reach 1000 blessings by the end of the year I need to step up my praise!I am so thankful for
246. my Wednesday morning care group. This group from my previous church is made up mainly of older women whose testimony demonstrates refined gold in wisdom, understanding, love, and expectation. My prayer life has grown exponentially through the teaching and inspiration of this group.
247. God's working in my life, that even through adversity and persecution I am able to see God's hand in bringing me from one place into a much better place of service to Him
248. the veil between the physical and the spiritual worlds is becoming so transparent- the scales are falling off of my eyes that I might see God through my persecution and know that I must need do nothing in retaliation or defense. God is in control and He is my Fortress and my Rock. Praise God!
249. I have the confidence through this wee struggle to know that when even greater trial comes, God can handle that also and I can rest in Him. God is so good!
250. Thank you so much, Father, for the confirmation I received this week- such a huge blessing!
251. We were so blessed by our visit with the kids last night, the abilities God has given them in their post grad work, the opportunities God has poured into their lives and the provision of Joshua's great job. They are such a handsome, sweet, loving couple! I just love to sit back and admire them together!!
252. the music that God has put into my soul. I love the rhythm, the quality, the toe-tapping joy of it thrills my heart!
253.That autumn has come and the expectation for the bursting colors of the season is evidenced by the glimmers of russet and gold that are peeking through.
254. Jacket weather has arrived!
255. The soul quenching fellowship this morning around our breakfast out with dear, dear sisters in Christ where our wonderful conversation was satuarated with God, His word, his promise, His work in our lives!
256. My visit with my parents this morning seeing them out in the yard doing some end of the season maintenance and cleanup even in their frailty their desire to keep on keeping on is so inspiring to me and all who know them. Praise the Lord!
257. My dear husband who is taking off this afternoon to be here at home with me while the workmen are coming to work on a project here in the house. He knows I feel uncomfortable with this and his love in being here is very precious to me.
258. This morning the children's voices on the playground across the street is music to my ears. Beleive me, sometimes it is not! Praise God it consoles me today!
259. Praise God He constrained me today when I had a very disappointing episode at the grocery store with arrogant checkout employees. Obviously there is stress within that store management, but at food prices skyrocketting, customers deserve to at least be treated respectfully at pay up time! But God's grace was with me! He is faithful!
260. My dear, sweet husband just undertook to fix an fabulous dinner of amazing buckwheat cakes, smattered with fresh blueberries, a side dish of crispy bacon, and coffee while I was able to finish my last couple of day of Beleiving God homework!
261. I am so thankful that I am able to attend 2 Beth Moore studies which are blessing my life unbeleivably. But keeping up with all the home work is daunting! So far so good, because God is making it all possible for me to find the time to do it. Oh, Father, keep me obedient to use the given time to Your Glory! Amen!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful and inspirational! Thank you for your lovely post today! You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessed by your Thankful Thursday! I just read those verses this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! I just posted a long comment, only to get a blogger error thing of some sort when I hit preview. Suffice to say, I was thoroughly blessed by your post today!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~