Sunday, September 28, 2008

Upper Room

Photobucket
Please agree with me in this prayer!
Dear Father, We come before you with humble hearts today knowing that without you and your guidance we are nothing and can do nothing. You are the great I AM and your greatness is beyond our understanding. It is even difficult for our finite minds to wrap around just how awesome You are and that You are mindful of us, Your creation, yet You word tells us of Your compassion, Your mercy, and lovingkindness. You tell us if My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (2Chr. 7:14). Father, we are seeking Your face, Your ear, that You might hear our cry for help. You know that trials that face our nation. You know the greed and avarice, the manipulation that has gone before in our government- its corruption and lawlessness, that is now being revealed in part but that threatens the livelihood of so many innocent- the loss the homes, jobs, lifetime savings,- the many blessings that You have given us. Father, we know that our nation- the people- have turned from You, we've taken You out of the marketplace, schools, government, we've turned our eyes on the world and what it offers instead of keeping our eyes focused on You. We've worshipped the manna and not Jehovah Jireh. We've allowed the expedient to rule our actions and the politically correct to dominate our ideology. Yesterday when I heard the report that over 50 % of (christians) believe that there are many paths to heaven I was sickened unto my heart. Oh, how this must grieve the Lord Jesus who suffered, bled, and died for the church. I am reminded then of last week when our pastor of a large baptist church told us that he feared there were less than 20% of the members truly saved in our body. When I really, really consider the way of things I know you are heart sick over your children, over your church, over just how far this once Christian nation has fallen. And if the coming cataclysm is your judgment, I pray that you will stay your hand with mercy. I pray that the light of Christ will permeate into the darkest recesses of our government and reveal the hidden chaff, reveal the truth, build up the innocent and godly, and diminish the ungodly, greedy, evildoers. I pray that every true christian is making this and similar prayers their main activity during this time that we are seeking your face, studying your word, drawing ever closer trusting in You and You alone- not Your blessings, not their pocketbooks, but putting their faith and adoration on You---so that if this is your judgment, that we will be able to bear it, sharing with one another, encouraging one another even as the DAY OF THE LORD draws ever closer. In Jesus name! Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Amen. We have our house of prayer open every night of the week to pray for same issues in my country.

    How wonderful it is to know though that in the midst of it all our God still reigns, He is still in control and still holds the world in His hands. We were just cryingout this morning for the creation to begin to see the manifestation of the sons of God on this earth today now.

    I can see from your posts that you enjoy all things English.
    Thank you for your lovely comments.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen; I so love your Prayer, and how true it is. I am so happy to have met you. I feel strongly that the Lord brought me to you, for your deep faith. I Praise the Lord for that. God Bless I needed to hear a prayer like that.

    Hugs
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Schotzy,
    Thank you for posting your words in prayer to our Father. I will pray using your words often because I can say Amen. Thank you!
    As for me and our home we will serve the Lord. One way to the father through Jesus His son who purchased our salvation on the terrible blessed cross. What can we say except I give you everything that I am. That is all our Father wants. I really have a hard time expressing the deep longing of my heart. God knows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! I am along with you in prayer for our Nation. We have headed down the wrong path and I am in fear of where we will end up. Things are changing so quickly. I thought I would never see the denial of the only path to salvation, especially by Christians.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~