Saturday, September 13, 2008

Our Saturday Drive

to Blacksburg was a real treat. The flyover was at 3:25 and we got to our favorite viewing spot about 3:23. As soon as my feet touched the ground we could hear the jets on the air, but we couldnt see them. I took this photo of Lane Stadium , home of the Hokies, from our vantage spot.
PhotobucketThe sky ws supremely beautiful with all the clouds and billows as we scanned the horizon for the coming aircraft. And then...Photobucket there they were flying one right behind the other...side by side...Photobucket.They were sneaking up on the stadium right on time, and then...Photobucketthe after burners were kicking in as they zoomed off to the left and were heading due east back home. I cannot describe my feelings when that sonic roar explodes as the f18's pass overhead. What a rush!
We drove through the campus enjoying the Orange effect- everyone wearing orange. The tailgaters gear still standing testimony to the thrill of expectant
victory against Georgia Tech. I havent heard the outcome yet, so we'll have to see if we do in fact win! But we were more interested in our lovely drive home back down Blacksburg Road through Catawba Valley. Beautiful any time of the year, today, because of the amazing sky, it was exquisite!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket And then I ran out of battery!

4 comments:

  1. I love the one of the curved road. It just makes me wonder what's around the bend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful photographs! So lush and green, a much needed sight to this desert dweller! Thanks for sharing! Happy Pink Saturday too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures of Blacksburg road! Glad you made it up for the flyover!

    love,
    dd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are these the foothills of the Appalachians? It looks so much like home. I miss it dearly.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~