Friday, September 26, 2008

Show and Tell, Friday

Photobucket
Kelli, of There is No Place Like Home is hosting Show and Tell, Friday every week. Visit her site here to share in the fun!
Today I would like to share one of my most valued treasures. As a Virginia History teacher for 30 years I have been an avid student of all things Williamsburg and the founding principles of this country. I'll always remember when in 1983 I attended a sidewalk art show and was first introduced to P. Buckley Moss's work. Sublime! But her work with children with learning disabilities and her altruism spoke even more poignantly to me.
All the more thrilling was that she is a now native Virginian . So when I saw this piece depicting the Governor's Palace in Williamsburg I was completely enraptured and had to buy it even though at that time purchasing fine art was not on my priority list. But I loved it and had to have it! Now as a member of the P. Moss Society I am so thrilled I did it!!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I love her art work. I visited a studio of hers in North VA once.
    Beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art work is very nice. I enjoy owning things, such as this, that have special meaning to me. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We visited Williamsburg last March for the first time, and love it!

    I first learned about P. Buckley Moss about ten years ago when we lived it Indiana, love her work! This painting is beautiful.

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I love Williamsburg. He recently retired after 40 years of teaching World Studies. Beautiful piece of art you have by P. Buckley Moss.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~