Monday, September 22, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Photobucket

I am sharing in the Simple Woman's Daybook today along with so many
others --you may follow by checking in over at Peggy's blog.
For Today...

Outside my Window...a gentle haze lies over the valleys and the sky is white tinged with faintest yellow

I am thinking... I have a ton of Bible Study homework to accomplish this morning right after I finish publishing this post.

I am thankful for... the many wonderful opportunities to meet with my dear sisters in Christ to study God's word via Beth Moore's studies. It is difficult to stay abreast of the homework when doing 2 studies. I am so thankful for the dynamics of the two groups- the Tuesday morning group is huge- stay at home moms and older ladies like me, while the Thursday night group is ladies so dedicated to study they come for 2 hours every week after they have worked hard all day at their vocations.

From the kitchen.... I just got up early this morning to prepare a tasty breakfast for Lynn besides his usual toasted English muffin with peanut butter.Today I fixed poached eggs, sausage and created homemade egg McMuffins! Yummy!The delicious scent of grilled sausage mingled with coffee still hangs in the air.

I am wearing...my morning caftan - it looks like Joseph's coat of many colors! HAHA!

I am reading...the Psalms of Ascent for the Stepping Up Study and bginning the Beleiving God study guide there following today!!

I am hoping...that today is the first day of Autumn that the temperatures continue to moderate and become seasonal- I LOVE FALL!I'm ready to turn off the AC.

I am creating...No plans for creating this week.

I am hearing...Lord of the Dance cd . My feet are tapping!!!!

Around the house...I need to just follow up with basic housekeeping this week. Sweeping, washing clothes, and some ironing. Notice ironing in last. YUCK!

One of my favorite things...Last week I shared about Lynn Kurland, a favorite author, today I continue with another- Kathleen Givens.Photobucket This book, On a Highland Shore, was the first of so many that I have read of her's. Filled with history and sweet romance, she captures your heart and won't let it go.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... tomorrow I have morning Bible study at my church, and Wednesday, Bible study at my previous church- our care group which I just can't let go, Wednesday night Lynn and I will go to Blacksburg to VT and meet the kids for dinner then we are going to a Irish musical -a River dance-like program. Just my cuppa tea!! Thursday, I have a furniture repair man coming to replace the back panel on our sofa- When we bought it this summer, they tore it bringing it into the house. I refused for them to come and take it out again to repair it just to struggle bringing it back in,so the man has to replace the panel right here in the tv room. FUN!

Here is a picture I thought of sharing with you...
Photobucket Saturday was Customer Appreciation Day at Domino's Pizza and dear Lynn shot right in there and picked us up a couple of cheese pizzas for just 3.99 each! What a bargain, and what a sweetheart! They went great with our homemade veggie soup I had simmering on the stove!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment on my page! :) Yes, we do have lots in common! :) Your breakfast sounds so yummy! Hope you are enjoying a beautiful day today!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~