Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tempt My Tummy, Tuesday

Photobucket

Lisa, from Blessed with Grace , hosts this very fun and informative meme each Tuesday. For more wonderful food ideas check out her site.
This year when we went to a fabulous bed and breakfast, we were served a food tht has changed our life in such a yummy way. I was introduced to poached eggs when the innkeeper served Eggs' Benedict. I had always sort of turned my nose up at poached eggs in my ignorance! But these were exquisite. I went right out a purchased a poacher.

Hollandaise Sauce
1. Melt 3/4 c butter.
2. Blend 1/3 c mayonaise, 3 egg yolks, 3 T. lemon juice, 1 T. Dijon Mustard,
and 1/4 tsp cayene pepper in a processor for 5 seconds.
3. Add butter and blend until mixed.
4. Transfer mixure to a double boiler over simmering water add 1 tsp. grated
lemon peel and 3 T, boiling water, whisk until hot.
5. Add 1 T of tarragon, mint, basil mixed, I used herbs de Provence.
6. Season with salt and pepper.

Place a toasted half of English muffin on plate, layer on top of it cooked ham, canadian bacon or bacon slices, your poached egg, and drizzle 2 T of the sauce over the egg.
DELECTABLY DELICIOUS!!

Photobucket Picture taken from here along with another recipe i haven't tried, but it looks interesting and much easier! YAYA!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I am a poached egg and hollandaise sauce virgin. I have never made this, and always wondered. Thank you so much for sharing. B&B's really do have such yummy food. We went to one, a few years ago, and had a wonderful pear and cranberry dish. This reminds me that I should share it sometime on Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had hollandaise sauce. I will have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds delicious Schotzy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~