Monday, September 15, 2008

The Simple Woman Daybook

I am sharing in the Simple Woman's Daybook today along with so many
others --you may follow by checking in over at Peggy's blog
For Today...
Outside my Window...dark clouds are moving in rapidly to disperse the blue and white
I am thinking...man, this week is full to overflowing!
I am thankful for... my dear husband and how he takes such amazing care of me, hearth, and home
From the kitchen...I am baking a huge pot of beans to take to Ronald McDonald House today. Our P. Buckley Moss meeting is dining there tonight with the residents
I am wearing...my best jeans and olive green tee
I am reading...Stepping Up, by Beth Moore
I am hoping...that Amanda might make it in to town sometime soon. I'm getting hungry to see her.
I am creating...some new fall decorations today. I stopped at Michael's this morning and bought some beautiful stems and pumpkins- everything on sale 50% off!!
I am hearing...my Anuna cd is playing Th Flower of Maherally...love it!
Around the house...picking up some things that got scattered over the weekend and finishing some laundry
One of my favorite things...is reading Scottish historical romance-more on that below**
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...dinner meeting tonight, Stepping Up Bible study tomorrow, Bible study also Wednesday morning (care group) and I take refreshments), Wednesday night dinner church, new member's class, Thursday senior adult breakfast, senior choir, take my mom to the eye doctor, Thursdsay night ladies' study on Beleiving God, Friday allergy shot, Saturday, prayer meeting! Whew!! I need to just camp out at church!!
Here is a picture I thought of sharing with you...**
PhotobucketPhotobucket I am an avid reader of Scottish historical romance, stories with loads of chivalry, fascinating history, and chaste romance. Lynn Kurland is a great author who suits me to a tee. Her stories
resound with heart wrenching adventures, courageous heroes, and spellbound heroines. Go here to check the proper reading order for her two series on the de Piaget and Mac Leod families!! Next week, I want to share about another great author I love.

8 comments:

  1. Girl, you are busy this week. But sounds like all good stuff.
    Blessings to you!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out those books. I hope the library has them. I'm reading Stepping Up too with my daughter and doing the Bible study. We downloaded the videos and are trying to do a lesson everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your daybook. I hope you have a great meeting tonight.
    I am enjoying getting ready for fall too. Cool you got some deals at Michael's!
    Have a great week.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for commenting on my blog! I did Stepping Up last winter and it was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew, you are one busy gal! I don't think I could keep up with your pace. ;-Þ

    It's been ages since I read a fiction book, but I'm glad to learn of that author. I love historical (chaste!) romances, plus I'm fascinated with Scotland (hopefully will get to visit there next year).

    I noticed in your profile that some of your favorite authors are the same as mine, such as Rosemunde Pilcher (I LOVED Winter Solstice), and Victoria Holt. I began reading Victoria Holt in junior high, maaaaaany years ago. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now those are my kind of books, I'll have to keep my eye out for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading your Daybook entry! I pray you will be blessed and be a blessing with each of your activities this week.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~