Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday


Visit Sandra  for more   HHM!

The Weather:::
51 degrees, but last Friday's snow seems to be lingering  until   our next predicted snow  on  this Friday
Right now I am: 
drinking  a   tall glass of ice water,  excited about my new books  I found today  and   writing  up this post

Thinking:
Ok, as soon as  I finish blogging,  I must  finish my  Community Bible study for this week.  We  are  studying Ephesians 5.     

On my reading pile:::
Ephesians' Study,  Bible,  the rest of Genesis  this week,   Derek Prince's  Rules of Engagement,  Derek Prince's , You  Shall Receive Power..  I also   bought  Bonhoeffer, Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy by Eric Metaxas,   but it is so thick and I have so much on my plate   it  will go to the  bottom of the pile....     but  it is  exciting!! 


On my tv:::
My favorite   is Downton Abbey;;;
Downton Abbey, Season 3, Episode 3

Favorite Blog post this week (mine or other):::
I  was  blessed   by  one of my own...  Sweet and Simply Divine
when  I wrote of   how  our  dear   freinds   came and  shovelled  us out   because my  husband   was under the weather!!  

Something fun to share:::
I love my friend Lois's   blog,  Heart to  Heart,   Encouragement  for Women.... there you  find everything   from  cooking,  housekeeping,  raising  children,   remedies, and  family fun....  

On the menu for this week:::
Monday -corned beef and cabbage
Tuesday -   cheese stuffed shells and    marinara  sauce and salad
Wednesday -meatloaf and mashed potatoes
Thursday -   stir fried chicken and rice 
Friday - dinner out  with friends


On my to do list:::
Laundry - Ironing, folding, putting away
errands   for  myself and my mom
dust, vacuum

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
I am thinking about  creating  one of those  new  knitted scarves..  Joanne's  was out of the yarn  but  is getting a shipment  this week.   I love these scarves!


Homemaking Tips:::
Type a grocery list of your most used items. Make 52 copies. Place one on the refrigerator a week to check off what you need instead of writing out the list.

Looking around the house:::
My dining room is in varying stages of  being set for  a  table scape    for the  week....   you might  guess  it is  going to be  ........ BLUE!!!!!


From the camera:::
This is a photo  I took of a large print my neighbor  took of our  home  when  she was  out walking  just as the sun was  rising  ..   Our  home  still in the shadows the sun shining   brightly on the  snow laden trees...  I love this!

On my prayer list:::
My husband  will be having cataract surgery next week....   our nation!!!!!

Bible verse, Devotional:::
Psalm 102:25
In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth,
    and the heavens are the work of your hands.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting books on your reading list :)

    Hope everything goes well with your husband's surgery, praying for him.

    Hope you have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for your husband's surgery. Mine has to have the same thing done, but he keeps putting it off.

    Great idea with your menu. I would probably type it up then I could just print it up. I really like that.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~