Saturday, January 26, 2013

Im a Bonnie Lass, I am


For more   posts on these them  visit   here!

  When I saw your post   I   remember so well back in the early 80's  pre children  days,  Lynn and I were   deeply invloved in the Scottish  Society here....  Sad to say  it  has lsot favor  today and  doesnt meet anymore,  but Lynn and I   used to look so forward to the Burns Night dinner... 
Bruce C. Wright
 I rememebr one year I was asked to do the table  scapes.  So  being the teacher that I am  I  bought  putty colored  large  contruction paper and  cut out  3- d  castles..   and stood them  on the  tables with  votives inside  so the  light would  come through  the    cut out  arched windows .... 
  they had  attached   crennelated walls and battlements,.

 towers, and  various  height  features.. each one   very different..
Large L Plan Castle - FINAL!
The looked similar to this   but  were  free form and  spiralled around  in shape  instead of  being   boxy  and  detailed  inside..    they w ere quite a hit , of course,  I was   glad of the  tall votive glass     which   protected    from   fire!!!
At any rate, part of  my heart belongs to Scotland...   and  your   post was a great  reminder of   Robert Burns and his  fabulous  poems..

O my Luve's like a red, red rose, 
That's newly sprung in June: 
O my Luve's like the melodie, 
That's sweetly play'd in tune. 

As fair art thou, my bonnie lass, 
So deep in luve am I; 
And I will luve thee still, my dear, 
Till a' the seas gang dry

So every so often I  get out my  Scottish travel books and   dream my dearm itinerary....
  I   use my Buchan Scottish Pottery I  purchased at the Grandfather Mountain Games 
 and    revel  at being a Lindsay through and through!!!!
 source
  I am also posting on
Sally's  Blue Monday.
Smiling Sally

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous! And I hope you get to visit soon!!!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're a little Scottish lady! Love your sweet tea set and I would have loved to have seen the little castles you made for the tables. I'm sure they were darling!
    Thanks fr popping in to see me and hope you have a great weekend.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a part Scottish too. My mother's maiden name was Crawford. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to reading your comment on my blog.

    Happy Blue Monday, Schotzy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tea time is a relaxing time. Catching up with Blue Monday.

    My BLUE, come and see.

    Your comment is always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Que delícia de chá!
    também estou no mural da Sally
    abraço
    Zizi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for you kind comments, y muchas gracias!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~