Monday, January 7, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY....JANUARY 7, 2013
(Hehehehe, no Christmas in sight in  the den)
Today is cheery and bright...  a bit  brisk,   but  the sun is shining and     everything is  looking   hopeful!

I am thinking..about meeting with the estate sale manager tomorrow....   it will be so wonderful to finally have the sale and hopefully   be rid of the   stuff and hopefully  have a  great sale for my parents!  We've been  dealing with   their home and things for a year now!

I am thankful for...  God's provision in all things  in my life....  Thanks   be to the Lord for His provision of  love   being  shed  among His children...  

From the kitchen.  tonight will be easy
   fresh homemade chicken salad  with a nice  side salad  and  rolls

I am wearing..black slacks,  pink polo, and  black  cardigan

I am creating...     a home that   seems  a bit  lighter and   less cluttered...   it is a good thing

I am reading...  continuing my Bible read through,     my daily devotional, and  starting   a re-read of My Heart is in the Lowlands by Liz Curtiss Higgs

I am hoping...   that  all my resolutions  will become so much a part of me that   they will actually  define  myself....      becoming   more  of a Bible Scholar  through   daily reading of the Word and   applying the Word   to gain in personal holiness!!!!  This is my heart for the New year!

Around the house....  Christmas is finally  gone and  things a re  looking  bright and  different... I like  it!!!!


One of my favorite things....planning.....   I have  several things  on the back burner.....   I keep shuffling them             a round... as I  hardly ever  have the luxury of  bringing anything  truly forward and accomplishing  things    in our own home and lives....  I am living  for   others   these days.....   but  my plans  are  evolving and   seemingly coming into   a place  where  fruition wouldnt  be   so difficult...  so , we'll s ee!

A few plans for the rest of the week:

  
Tuesday-   devotions,  meet estate sale manager,    marketing

Wednesday-  personal study time,   take Dad for labwork
work on blog/read,  work at mom's house

Thursday-  take mom and dad to eye dr  meet  Dottie, and Nancy for lunch

Friday-  prepare   for  the  evening ...   14  for  dessert and coffee  

A glimpse into my life:
I am finding  purpose and meaning,  I  am  looking for the gifts of joy from   God,   I am   chronicling  my   adventures  with God....  I am   continuing  this  wonderful  God given  prayer  initiative with my   sista's   that  we believe   will  help usher in revival in our  needy city!
Matthew 9:38
38 Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” 
  This glimpse  seems to be  a theme in my life  so   I see no reason to change it for  some time


1 comment:

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~