Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Red Gives Way to Blue



  All the red has   been  put away   and   has given way to  blue...

The    plate hanger  now  shows off my  lovely  blue  transfer ware 
 Silver replaces  gold,   blue  replaces red  on the  hutch
What once    showed off  the red of roses and the   shine of apples,
now  the blues   predominate and the  fruit of the vine      prevails
  my devotions table  now   steps  away from  the yuletide 
and  manifests    life in the Spirit 
And  blue has come to the table! 

Now that it is just the two of  us  the table  has been reduced  once more and  the table  set    just for us!
 Now I   can  use  some of the treasures I have recently  found...
Every table needs a bit of inspiration....  here, a  blue and white planter of paper whites takes center stage!  Then the table comes together...

I now  have   just enough    of the Wedgewood, Countryside  and  am using    odd  show pieces   as well..

I love     the Countryside pattern

and now that I have  tea cups and saucers  to match,   it is  a  real boon  to me!!! 
 I love using  Wedgewood, Woodlands

showcased , as well as
 Johnson Brother's  Old Castles of Britain  which looks  so   well   against   the   simple patterned backdrop! 

 As usual, for my  casual dining,   I am using  

Zwilling J.A. Henckels Vintage 1876

   
I am 
  sharing on
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Daily Cup of



Teacup Thursday @ Miss Spencer’s Blog








Tea Time  Tuesday @ Rose Chintz Cottage



Teacup Tuesday @ Artful Affirmations




10 comments:

  1. So pretty! Your place setting is lovely. I think your paper-whites are beautiful!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so beautiful and fresh! I love the blue and white country scenes on your dishes. The paperwhites look so pretty too.
    Almost all of my Christmas is down now. Just a few little things here and there. I wasn't ready to take it down this year.
    I am really enjoying the music you play too : )
    Hugs
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything look so beautiful! I love those pretty blue dishes and you've set a lovely table.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite china is blue and white. I love the Countryside pattern. I have a few pieces but I love to mix and match my blue and white patterns. Lovely table setting. Deb (Ontario, Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your blue and white is stunning. I love how serene and elegant it looks. Very pretty. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi: I love your devotional table. It is just beautiful. Thank you for joining Tea Cup Tuesday. Love the beautiful blue! Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning, and how pretty your table looks in blue, white, and silver! I love the pretty countryside patterns on your china. And the little sheep are adorable; love sheep! Very pretty post and thank you for sharing it with my party. Hope you have a lovely day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely place setting. nice to think of you and dad having cozy dinners together!!

    love you both,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your changes. That plate rack looks so pretty with the blue plates.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your beautiful blues! The transferware is so gorgeous. You set a lovely table. I have alot of red all throughout my home year round, but I love tossing in assorted shades of blue. Thanks so much for sharing with Share Your Cup. Now folllowing you.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~