Friday, January 11, 2013

Lunch and a Bargain!



Yesterday  I    enjoyed  lunch out with the  girls...    and  we   couldnt have picked a better   restaurant....we  ate  at Montano's,  and I  had   the most  fabulous sandwich.   I  am     a huge  fan of  fried  green tomotoes!

Montano’s Southern Style Fried Green Tomato BLT … $8.25

On sliced sourdough with applewood smoked bacon and roasted aoli.
But the  best part of      the   excursion  was   to  stop in at the Discovery Shop, just a couple of doors down...  a  wonderful   second hand shop  whereby all the proceeds go to cancer research....     and  I found a  fabulous bargain
  Countryside-Blue pattern by Wedgwood China
I already    had  one of these...   I collect  blue, red, and black  transferware....   and this  gorgeous pattern is Wedgewood, Countryside   made in Staffordshire, England...  I paid   $12.00  for  my first  plate,   but I paid  $5 dollars yesterday   for   this one... and   it is  in perfect condition....   I  am thrilled....   I  love to find  pieces to  add to mye ver growing collection and I get  particularly   excited when    it matches  soemthing I  had   purchased before and  when I get it  for  such a wonderful price!  

Wendy at The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday



Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday

Debra at Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday

Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Kate at Chic On A Shoestring Decorating for Flaunt It Friday

Jane at Finding Fabulous for Frugalicious Friday


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful plate, I also collect blue and white dishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I collect white and blue too! What a good find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your plate! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful find in that plate. I love blue and white dishes as well. Thank you for sharing at TTF last week. Have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~