Thursday, January 3, 2013

So Let's Get Started

I have already been sharing   a bit this week of some of my   hopes for   2013....  I  really  intend to read through the  Bible... I am using   this site   to keep me on track..  This time  I am  reading  it chronologically, something Ive never done before...

My prayer Sista's and I  have a new  initiative going ...     about every 6 weeks  we are   holding    community non denominational prayer events  for our  nation,  our  declining  social issues....   in this endeavor  we  are   pressing in personally for more of God, building up our   own relationships with Him....  We  are  reading  My Utmost for His Highest   this month to   set my minds and hearts  on   fulfilling  our   most heart felt  objective!

With all this   about  the fiscal cliff  our nation is   teetering on  of course I am  concerned  about our family's   situation,..  both of us retired living on    modest incomes...   We were  both civil servants and didnt make huge incomes in our   service...  comparatively  to,   say our children,  who started out at double what  I was making when I retired...
One very important initiative I have for this coming year is to  strive to  live better on less!.
I realize this is going tot ake some   education on my part,  but  it is   something  I shall enjoy...   My mother  was  a whiz at   this and I   must  learn  to  dig   into my pioneer roots!

I  wrote  about Ann  Voskamp this week  and her    Joy Dare..   living the  "eucharisteo" life of thankgiving  for the Joy in our lives....  I  am on  journal entry 322...  since  I started this last   spring.I   hope to   get to a thousand this year!

One of the  items I  took from her site  is a daily  to- do list.. I love checking things off a list  so  I  am  trying this for the month of   January.  It  includes the Daily Definities of Bible reading, study, journal ing,keeping a food log,   walking,  chores and even the number of glasses of water  I drink..... Please pray for me to get my life   in order...    yesterday I  accomplished   cleaning out 2 drawers I had been putting off for some time....  I see this all as a very good thing for me!!!


Wendy at The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday

Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home

Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday 

Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday

Debra at Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday

Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Kate at Chic On A Shoestring Decorating for Flaunt It Friday

Jane at Finding Fabulous for Frugalicious Friday

Becca at Home Is Where My Story Begins for Home and Family Friday

Remodelaholic for Home Sweet Home on a Budget

2 comments:

  1. I think you have set some wonderful goals for 2013. I love the idea of your 6 week prayer event. Thank you for sharing your golas with us at TTF. Have a terrific day! Diann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we all pray hard enough maybe the country will get better. Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~