Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I am Thrilled with my First Award!

Jan, from Jan and Tom's Place has selected me for the Arte y Pico Award! This is so thrilling to me!
Photobucket
Jan is such an amazing new friend and blogger. Her imaginative and innovative ideas for corporating interaction inspires many, especially myself. I have enjoyed the benefits of many worldwide visits because of linking in to her endeavors. Today for example I am joining her Come to Jesus meme. Besides her leadership in incorporating posts she has personally helped me understand many of the integral parts of blogging such as creating active links. She is such a sweetheart, and a very special friend!

I understand that I am to choose five bloggers deserving
of this award, based on their creativity, design,
interesting material and contributions to the blogging community.
I also understand the guidelines for giving and
receiving this award are as follows:

1. Pick 5 blogs that you feel are deserving of the award

2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also
a link to his/her blog to be visited.

3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name
of the link to the blog that gave it to him/her.

4. The award winner and the one who has given the prize has
to show the link of "Arte y Pico" so that everyone
knows the origin of this award.

5. Show these rules on the award page.

So how do I go about picking just 5 out of so many amazing blogs? I wish I could give the award to all of you!!
It’s been fun getting to know all of you nice people!
However...if it needs to be only 5...then it will be only 5.

The 5 Blog-People that I’ve chosen to receive this award are:

1. Kimberly, at Kimberly's Cup
I feel like such a kindred spirit to Kimberly, each and everytime I visit her blog! She is one very talented lady!She inspires me with her topics and the posts are lovely and beautifully written.

2. Kelli, at There is No Place Like Home. Kelli's site was one of the first I discovered as a blogger. Her creative homemaking posts inspire us all. Her Show and Tell Friday meme was one of the first interactions I ever undertook when I started blogging.

3.Marie, at A Year at Oak Cottage. Marie's blog is in a word amazing! I love how she incorporates cooking into every post. It's no wonder, as a professional cook, her recipes and photos dazzle the palatte. How she incorporates them into every story is engaging and each visit is a joy to the senses.

4. Karen, at Sweet Necessi-teas. If you're into celebrating tea time, you have to visit Karen's blog. So much inspiration there.The beauty and sweet sentiments are a complete joy!

5. Steph, at Curlew Country because I am such an Anglophile. I love all things British and her blog far takes me away to Staffordshire, England. My spirit soars over her fabulous graphics and merry prose.
I am truly honored to have received this award, Jan! Thank you again!

God bless you!
Carolyn

3 comments:

  1. It was an honor to pick you for this award, Carolyn!! You've been a "bright spot" in this Blogland! We've had the opportunity to send many emails and comments back and forth...and I love reading your blog.

    ~Blessings,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn, I am truly honored to have been chosen by you for this award. Thank you so much for your kind words about my blog.

    "The joy of my heart is the work of my hands. May it be acceptable in your eyes, O Lord."

    Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award and thank you so much for giving one to me and your sweet words! I hope you are having a great week!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~