Friday, July 18, 2008

Summer Swap

Photobucket

How exciting to get to share today what we received in the Summer Swap. First of all, I want to thank Peggy so much for her wonderful idea to have this swap. I had such a fun time thinking about, shopping for, and preparing for my items! It was one of my favorite pastimes this summer, really! I was so excited when I went to the mail this past Tuesday and found a mailer from another state addressed to me with the sweet words that have come to mean so much to… Summer Swap! I left it propped up on the counter in the sun room for the first day, just wondering what it might contain! The suspense became maddening…. and so then I opened it up!

Photobucket My excitement continued to build as I unwrapped the three tissue- paper wrapped treasures!


Photobucket


I want to continue to build the suspense, because, I just love these kind of surprises, and I don’t want it to be over so quickly!

Drumroll, please …or how about a rock and roll band?


Photobucket

Ta-Dah!



1) The notepad is really beautiful. It contains one of my favorite and most powerful scriptures! Which, also, goes along with my main themes in life: The armor of God! The verse, “You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in Your Word!”
2) The bar of soap is adorable. Mary Engelbrett really does things up nicely! Life is a chair of bowlies!

3) My favorite: A beautiful gift book entitled Sweet Rose of Friendship..
So shall a friendship
Fill each heart
With perfume
Sweet as roses are,
That even though
We be apart,
We’ll scent the
Fragrance from afar.
Georgia McCoy
My heart felt rosy thanks to Peggy, my swap partner, for these sweet jewels of friendship as well as hosting this fine summer swap!I'm looking forward to the autumn swap. now!!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I enjoyed seeing your surprise package in the summer swap. I'll display mine as soon as it arrives. It may be a little late since it is coming from France.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, my comment never made it...must have gotten lost in cyberspace...sigh...anyhow, I came over early this morn and shared with you how lovely my things are and how I appreciate each item especially the special painting. Thank you so very much!
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH how lovely! I can't help but ~swoon~ over everyone's pressies~what a WONDERFUL way to spend a summer, swapping gifts with friends! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~