Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Did We Ever do Tea Today!

Photobucket
Jan, over at Jan and Tom's Place had this wonderful idea to host a tea party today, which just happened to be my birthday. Of course, if you know me, I cannot turn down an opportunity to party with tea!! Finally, I have gotten around to being able to share my tea with you all.

What an amazing day! I was up bright and early assembling and thank goodness because it took all of the 4 hours I set aside and couldn't have made it without Amanda!The garden party was moved into the house late yesterday when the humidity reached record highs and I just wanted the day to be comfortable and lovely. So decorating the house with flowers was my first priority!PhotobucketOf course, I wanted to bring the hydrangea bush inside!
Photobucket I would have loved some wisteria, but if not that I must have lilac!
Photobucket
The tablescape was my next really big mission. To create a garden attitude:Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketI was really pleased with my Ganache and how it turned out! It was so easy, and I just never have done cakes from scratch but this one was fantastic!PhotobucketI got up early this morning to get the lemon squares done, but Amanda had picked gallons of blueberries over the weekend and so she made the most delectable blueberry scones with lemon glase'.PhotobucketThe rest of the morning was spent assembling:tea savories,PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
And then my guests started to arrive! First my Aunt Virginia and Mother came along with Amanda's Mother in law, Jan. Here mom is pointing out to Jan the importance of crooking your little finger when you hold your tea cup!PhotobucketPhotobucketKitty, Dottie, and Gerri rounded out the guest list. PhotobucketEven with eyes closed, I knew this event was going to be a success. One can just tell. When there is tea, it just can't lose!Photobucket Of course, I was almost too excited for tea, and my beverage of choice today was pink lemonade.PhotobucketDuring our repast we shared about our "bliss'_what makes us truly happy and defines us as individuals blessed of God!
PhotobucketAmanda shared about her bliss of finally finishing college and preparing to move on into married life together, probably in Boston. Mother and Jan shared about how blessed they are in family, children and blessings of the Lord. Each and everyone shared about the wonderful gifts that God had bestowed on them one way or another.PhotobucketPhotobucketTea parties are like that though, aren't they? They bring out the best in everyone and everything! I can think of no better way to celebrate my 58th birthday spent blissfully with precious family and wonderful friends!

11 comments:

  1. Schotzy,

    I am very impressed with the mnany different finger foods at your tea party. Your food presentation was very well done.
    I am looking for someone to fill in for my chief while she is on vacation the first week in August. If you are interested, please give me a call. I would really like to talk with you about your cooking style and food presentation.
    Call me at Bow-Bier Restuarant downtown.

    Thanks,

    The Manager Lyon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Your tea party looks like it was wonderful. All those yummy dishes. The lemonaid would have been my pick too!

    I love having tea parties but I've never liked tea. So when I have them I drink diet coke in my tea cup. LOL

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, happy birthday! What a beautiful and delicious looking tea! I can see that you had a wonderful day with your guests, and they must have had a wonderful time too with all those goodies:>)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! How wonderful of you to share this special day with us. Your table was lovely and the food looked delicious. I hope you enjoyed your time as much as everybody else did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...what a great birthday you have! Your party looks wonderful...the food fantastic! Have a memorable birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely tea party! Everything looks absolutely wonderful. We had a tea party a little bit ago: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/2008/05/tea-party-vintage-style.html

    I'll be sure to not miss the next one at Jan & Tom's!

    For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely tea party! Everything looks absolutely wonderful. We had a tea party a little bit ago: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/2008/05/tea-party-vintage-style.html

    I'll be sure to not miss the next one at Jan & Tom's!

    For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beatiful tea party, finger foods looked wonderful! Looks like you had a great time. Happy Birthday!
    Blessings, Shirl
    Shirls Rose Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday!

    We seem to enjoy the same things - tea parties, and B&Bs!!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~