Monday, July 28, 2008

The Simple Woman Daybook

Photobucket
Many thanks to The Simple Woman for giving us this opportunity to share in this journal. For more daybooks or to join in visit Peggy.

For Today

Outside my Window...the 7am traffic is picking up. The fading rumble of the morning UPS plane still echos through the air.

I am thinking... that I need to do my Beth Moore homework just as soon as I finish this post!

I am thankful for.... my dear, sweet husband who just brought me my cup of coffee before he heads off to work this morning.

From the kitchen...this morning I will be having oatmeal and fruit. My husband, Lynn will be coming home early today so we can take the Pathfinder for its inspection, so I'm thinking tonight we will have breakfast for dinner.

I am creating...Well, it isnt something that I can look at and say, gee, how wonderful, look what I created, but I am pleased that when my aunt called me to ask if I would work up some geneaological and historical notes on a particular ancestor for her to take to her DAR meeting in August, I was able to get what I have been working on together. I think the information is compelling and interesting. I will be mailing it off to her this morning.

I am going... shopping this week for a birthday present for our daughter, Amanda. I already gave her part of her present, a beautiful bracelet. But I asked her yesterday what else she would like and she suggested a nice flower display for their new front porch and a watering can. This sounds really fun to get together.

I am wearing... I'm still in my p.j.'s.

I am reading ... I will be spending time this week on Beth Moore's The Patrirachs. This is the last week.

I am hoping...The weather man is wrong. I have enjoyed the cooler, less humid days, but this week is heating up again, they say.
BAH!

I am hearing... birdsong outside the window. I believe it is a cardinal family that lives in the hedge row between our properties.

Around the house... I will be having the family in this coming weekend for Amanda's birthday celebration on Saturday. Her birthday is actually today. She is 23. But things have been topsy turvy the past week or so. I was thinking that she was having the family up to their new townhome to show off the place but she says she jsut isnt ready to do that anytime soon, so wanted me to have it here....So we're putting it off til the weekend.

One of my favorite things... is plannng a social gathering. I suppose that is an inherit trait, because my remember my grandmother and my mom even now at 85 always loves to be planning something. I am hoping to make Amanda's dinner party special.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... the one thing that is coming up this week is my colonoscopy on Thursday. I dont dread that as much as the prep on Wednesday. I'll just be really glad to have it all behind me. No pun intended.

A Picture I thought I'd share today...
Photobucket This is Amanda when she was 2 and she loved her little Korean dress. She was always such a sweetheart.
PhotobucketWhen she graduated from high schoolwith honors we were thrilled but we were also in awe how quickly she had grown up and was about to leave home for college.
Photobucket And now with her husband, we are just so thrilled to see how gloriously happy she is! Happy Birthday, Amanda!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful woman your daughter has become - just gorgeous!
    Wishing her a happy birthday!
    God bless ~Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Daybook is so sweet. What a lovely day ~ I hope the weather remains cooler.

    Blessings,

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful :) Great entry, I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They grow so darn fast. Your daughter is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dad, mom, older brother and my husband have all been through the colonoscopy deal. I know that's no fun and that my turn is coming some day. I have to return to the dentist on Thursday. I'll keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~