Monday, July 21, 2008

The Simple Woman Daybook

Photobucket
Many thanks to The Simple Woman for giving us this opportunity to share in this journal. For more daybooks or to join in visit Peggy.

For Today

Outside my Window...My neighbor is mowing his lawn, certainly trying to get it done before the extreme heat of today. The weather reports it will be 95.

I am thinking...about my dear daughter and sil's move this week from their old apartment near campus to a beautiful new townhome nearby. I am going up with Josh's mom today to help do some packing.

I am thankful for....God really provided this beautiful home for the kids after some time whereby he was teaching them to trust and rely on Him. He taught them patience as He had them wait until he was ready to put on His God Show, which is more wonderful than anything we can ever want or imagine.

From the kitchen...I am also thankful I made a huge pot of spaghetti sauce over the weekend. Amanda's mil, Jan, and I are going up to help Amanda and Joshua prepare for the move tomorrow. So my sweet husband can come home tonight and fix a great dinner and have it ready when I get home!


I am creating...no plans for creating this week!


I am going...to be driving up to Blacksburg several times this week as we help the kids move in to their wonderful townhome.

I am wearing... white slacks, red and white tee and barefooted right now!

I am reading...Simply Magic, by Mary Balogh. I'm enjoying it!

I am hoping...it doesnt rain tomorrow until we get all the furniture moved.

I am hearing... only the air conditioner whirring away!

Around the house...we are so focused on Amanda's move we have things on hold around here.

One of my favorite things...is my camera. I find I am taking it everywhere I go. Amanda was really worried today when I was taking pictures of her new place. "But Mom, wait until I fix it all up. Don't you dare blog this."

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... doing what we can to help the kids.

3 comments:

  1. HI, thanks for visiting me. I too love Rosamunde Pilcher books, especially Winter Solstice. Hope it does not rain for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks cute.

    I think I will check out the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the picture at the bottom of this post doesn't show up (the photobucket message is there instead). wonder what's wrong?

    -dd

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~