Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday

Photobucket


Today I am joining Lisa and Lana as they host Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. Each week we share recipes, kitchen and cooking tips, or anything food related. I found this tummy tempting recipe last night here while seeking fun ideas for my dear daughter’s birthday party I’m throwing this weekend. I just went wild over these delectable tidbits! However, I’m beginning a prep for a colonoscopy soon, so won’t be able to cook them up until party time!
Note: This recipe begs the question! Must one use a silpat or would wax paper work? Any answers out there?

Instead of cake, Amanda requested something fruity. I am thinking of a
Strawberry Shortcake Trifle

1 pt.fresh strawberries. I'll supplement with a package of frozen berries in syrup
2 T sugar or splenda
2 pkgs. suager free instant vanilla pudding
1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 c. 1/2 inch square pound cake cut in cubes
sugar free whipped topping

Add sugar/splenda to strawberries and mix. Mix pudding as directed. Add cream cheese and blend with mixer. Place half of cake squares in bottom of large glass bowl. Pour half of strawberries over cake. Cover with pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Top with whipped topping.Cover and chill overnight.
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. That strawberry trifle looks yummers. I think I'm going to have to make that very soon. You change the color of the ink the same way you do on the Mitford BB. When you are in the new post screen there is a little mosiac square with a T in it. It's next to and to the left of the little link "froggy eyed" thingy. Click on it and it will get bigger and you can click on whatever color you want your ink to be.
    Sorry this is so non-technical. Let me know if you figure it out. And, thank you so much for helping me with the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely delicious!! Makes me want to cook! (Believe me, that takes some doing! LOL!)

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought strawberries last night. I can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this looks great and not difficult, at all. So glad you joined in the TMTT fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Schotzy this is leenora from Mitford! I think this recipe sounds great except for one thing: I am a whipped cream snob! For me it has to be the real thing or I won't touch it! I may try this with whipping cream. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~