Monday, July 7, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Photobucket
Many thanks to The Simple Woman for giving us this opportunity to share in this journal. For more daybooks or to join in visit Peggy.

For Today

Outside my Window...all is very quiet outside my window. There is hardly any traffic and the birds are all sleeping in. The sun is up and the sky is clear.

I am thinking...that I hope the humidity has broken and it will be a pleasant weather week.

I am thankful for.... my dear husband who treats me so very well. He is the most thoughtful man I could ever imagine. Here he comes now with my first brew cup of coffee.

From the kitchen...as soon as I finish my daybook, I am off to the kitchen to make some cherry scones to have this morning. A dear friend and cousin, Jane, is coming over this morning to meet with me and my mom to chat over coffee and revel in the afterglow of the family reunion we had last week.

I am creating... sevral culinary delights this afternoon. I am baking the chocolate ganache cake for my tea tomorrow. Now that is something I've never done before.

I am going...to be mixing up all the spreads, and marinating the asparagus this afternoon in preparation for my Blissful Tea tomorrow. I, also, need to find my madeleine pan!

I am wearing... my fluffy white terry robe. I just love it because it is so soft and cosy!

I am reading...up on Pentecost and the Feast of Weeks as my Wednesday morning Bible Study is celebrating it this Wednesday. We are having a harvest luncheon to commemorate the "first fruits" the coming of the Holy Spirit- for without the Holy Spirit we could do nothing in God's Kingdom.I am planning on taking strawberry salad with poppyseed dressing...just like Panera's!YUM!

I am hoping...for a very pleasant day tomorrow so we can actually have the tea outside. If not we'll move it into the sunroom...but it is a garden party, after all.
I am hearing... the back door just shut as my dear husband is heading for work. The air conditioner is blowing overhead, and the ceiling fan is whirring.

Around the house...I need to dust the furniture today and do a final pick up around the house to get ready for company tomorrow. Thankfully the big chores have already been accomplished!

One of my favorite things...is to plan an event like this tea. I love every part of the planning as much as the tea itself. It was so much fun going shopping for a few extras at the consignment shop. The menu planning, decorating, and food prep, all go together to make for one very exciting experience for me.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...since this is my birthday week, my dear husband is taking Thursday and Friday off and is taking me to a Bed and Breakfast up near where Amanda and Joshua live. We will be staying at the Oaks Victorian Inn and they will meet us for dinner to celebrate one night.


Here is a picture I thought I'd share with you...PhotobucketThis is the Inn where we will be staying and I'm sure I'll be schmoozing on this veranda all day come Thursday!Photobucket I better hie myself to Barnes and Noble to find the perfect book. Any suggestions! Really, I need suggestions!

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely, relaxing post!
    Hope your tea goes well and that you have a great birthday.
    ~Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon! I'm so impressed, it sounds like you have everything under control! I can't wait to come to your house tomorrow for tea and taste some of the wonderful creations you're preparing! I hope you'll come to my tea party too, this should be so much fun.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Inn! I loved reading about all the wonderful food you will be preparing. I could taste it as I read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous Inn, I hope you have a lot of fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww your hubby sounds like a gem :-)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am salivating after reading your daybook. You sound as if you are a wonderful cook. : )
    Have a wonderful time at the beautiful inn.
    Julie D.
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/juldos

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful inn! Gorgeous! What a lovely way to spend your birthday - happy birthday to you!

    I would suggest "Playing by Heart" by Deborah Raney or "Mixed Signals" by Liz Curtis Higgs. Or better yet - both!

    Enjoy!

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~