Thursday, October 23, 2008


For more grateful hearts of God’s blessings go to Iris’s blog.
Last night at our faith evangelism class there was a discussion about how to deal with people's questions about unbelief. The most difficult question pertained to what to say to folks who never the hear the word of God- are they doomed to hell just because no one ever tells them the gospel. This one is at the crux of many people today because man invariably wants to put God in a box- they define him limited by their finite understanding. It is like building an idol of God in man's likeness. People do it all the time, ..."My God would never send anyone to hell",... "There are many paths to heaven",...or things like,"There is no God, because if there was a God there would be no suffering in the world." So I was thinking, boy, man sure has a high estimation of his our rationale, yet is so quick to limit God.
The scriptures tell us that all of creation cries out to man that there is a God.
Romans 19-20: 19..because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them.
20For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen,being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.
It is not that man goes to hell becaue God sends him or her there. Their sin causes them to go to hell. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. That is why Jesus had to die on the cross. His spilled blood is the propitiation for our sin, because of the blood God's grace covers the believer's sin. we discussed how there are many examples in Hebrews 11,The Hall of Faith from the old testament whose belief and desire to please God was credited to them as rightesousness. God will have mercy on whom he will have mercy.
I am so thankful that my God is huge. I can't fit Him into any box, I cannot begin to understand His ways, they are so far above my limited mind. It blesses me to know that He is in control, He loves me and wants only my good. Therefore I can face what ever may come because I know it will be for my best. All I need to do is believe, trust, and obey. I am so thankful for my salvation and that the eyes of my understanding have been opened to believe. I am thankful for His grace and His mercy, His forgiveness, and his love! I am so thankful for the Holy spirit that leads me, teaches me, and desires to spend tme with me, for I am a child of the Living God! Praise the Lord!

4 comments:

  1. Amen, I am so blessed to be His child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN!!!!!

    I am a child of the LIVING GOD!

    Blessings and hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! I'm with you... I'm so thankful God is so big. It makes me think of the song I learned as a child --
    My God is so big,
    So strong and so mighty,
    There's nothing my God cannot do.

    Happy Thankful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for dropping by my site. yeah, i am a child of the Living God too. God bless you now and always, schotzy. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~