Monday, October 27, 2008

We Did It!

Photobucket

We made it to see Sarah! What a thrill! I was really iffy about it all day, it promised to be so hard, cold, blustery, crowded, and l-o-n-g! Lynn came home at 4 and we left and got to the venue at 4:30 and there was no parking to be had so we drove about a quarter mile from the entrance to the civic center gate and parked down along side a railroad! I was pretty winded by the tme we got to the parking lot and then when we got to within sight of the football stadium I couldnt believe it! The line wrapped back and forth along a long length of drive 4 times!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
We stood in this line for over an hour and then finally made it to the security checkpoint. I only had my camera and got through fine, but Lynn was wanded because his coat looked puffy- he had on so many layers!By this time I was frantic to find the ladies room! And we were told to go to the other side so we hurried around the field and got semi situated. The stands were full and the other side was closed off until the entire field was filled with folks, but I didnt want to go down there. So we stood up by the walk way for about an hour!PhotobucketPhotobucket
We listened to several senators, the Governor, and other officials speak and get us all fired up! It was great!Photobucket But then a state trooper cleared the area where we were standing so we noticed they were filling in the other stands so we hurried back around to the other side and found a great seat down on the end where Sarah would arrive! We saw the motorcade come in!!Photobucket Then who should I see but my dear friend, Bible study leader and prayer partner, Lynne, trying to find a warm spot. We both looked hideous by this time, But we didnt care! Photobucket
Don't ask me why noone told me I still had my sunglasses on! Good grief, Charlie Brown!! And then finally at 7:15 there she was! It was riveting and everyone was ecstatic! Don't tell me sarah has lost her luster! She was shining tonight!PhotobucketPhotobucket
We stayed until the last hurrah and then the walk back just about did me in, but we made it! Lisa from Are We There Yet encouraged me this morning that the wait would be worth it, and it was!! And we far outshined the NOBAMA crowd!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your McCain/Palin support!!! Bless you!!! Warmly, Linda/ "Mom..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was an American so I could vote for McCain and Palin. They are the winning team in my opinion. I can't beat to think of the alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want you to know I am flat-out jealous! Sarah was in Asheville while we were in church in Asheville Sunday night so missed her there. I am so glad you got to see her and I so wish I could have! We need to be on our knees 24/7 until next Tuesday for the election and for our country. I certainly agree with the comment above (Marie), "I can't bear to think of the alternative." God bless you, sweet friend. Hope you are all doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~