Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thankful Thursday,& 1000 Gifts



Thursday is the day to write about our thankful hearts. You'll find more thankful hearts here.
Today I am so thankful for the Word of God, For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any double-edged sword, piercing until it divides soul and spirit, joints and marrow, as it judges the thoughts and purposes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

Photobucket


Photobucket
I am also so thankful for the many blessings listed here:
262.the beauty of an autumn morning
263.the colors of the rising sun in October
264.the transformation from summer into fall-
265.the delicate petals of the daisy unfurled
266. the smathering of haws throughout the graceful branches of my hawthorn tree
267.the verdant green of the replenished earth.
268.Thank you, Father for the beautiful showers of rain
269.the renewal of mind, heart, and spirit following humbling situations
270. the grace and power of forgiveness
271.revelation of truth daily in our government
272.sustaining hand of provision and guidance through the turbulent waters of our daily lives
273. the encouraging words of friends and family
274. the opportunities for learning in my church
275. the church leadership, Chip, Joe, Chad, and Jim
276. the solace and soul nourishment I receive from music
277. the yellow finch which has taken up residence in my yard this week
278. the providencial invitation to the Emmaus Walk
279. the unbelievably thoughtful expressions of love from my husband
280. laughter on the phone with my mother this morning
281. Mom and Dad's desire to be crafty again and participate in the fall craft show coming up next month at their age and infirmity! Praise the Lord!
282. putting the desire to create back into my hert after so long a dry spell
283. revival in my spirit
For your continuing blessings great and small make me ever attentive, mindful and appreciative, dear Father! Thank You!!!

3 comments:

  1. ... a woman after my own heart. GOD's WORD! Without it, we would have no concept of or desire to express THANKFULNESS!
    and what a neat way to enumerate your thanks. This is my first visit to your blog so I missed -- like 250!
    May the LORD keep the creativity going in your life!
    Happy Thankful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I enjoyed your 1000 gifts posting, I've never heard of that before. Such a great idea!

    Happy Thankful Thursday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your thankful Thursday posts schotzy and your 1000 gifts posts too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~