Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tempt My Tummy, Tuesday

Photobucket
Lisa at Blessed By Grace hosts this great food celebration! Check out her site to participate!!
This past weekend we celebrated Lynn's birthday and he loves my homemade spaghetti, so I got to simmering it on Saturday for Sunday dinner.
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
whole red pepper, diced
whole yellow onion, diced
1 1/2 lb. ground sirloin
2 T. Olive Oil
1 cup water
1 large can of petite diced tomatoes
3 small cans or 1 large can tomato sauce
2 cans of t. paste
1tsp. salt
1/4 tsp coarse ground pepper
1tsp. garlic powder or cut up cloves of garlic
2 bay leaves
1 T. sugar
Saute' the pepper and onion in the oil on medium high heat until transparent then add the crumbled ground beef. Using the ground sirloin really cuts down on the fat! I saute it until brown- continually breaking it up with a fork until very fine. Add in a cup of water to facilitate the cooking. Cook down for a few minutes then add the tomatoes and rest of the spices. I find that adding some sugar really accentuates the flavors. Then I turn down to simmer and allow it to simmer for about 3 hours.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

7 comments:

  1. Yum! This sounds fantastic! :D Thank you for sharing!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there. Came over from TMTT.

    Looks yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I needed a recipe like this, thanks! Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always impressed with "homemade" stuff. Way to go. Thanks for sharing the homemade sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good recipe. I stopped over from another blog to visit. I saw that you are interested in genealogy as am I. I had a nice visit.
    Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I wish that my Todd liked pasta!!! I did get to make a lasagna at work yesterday for the Mr. but I didn't get to eat any of it. Your sauce looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, it looks good!

    I knocked on a neighbor's door today to let him know his dogs were out of the fenced backyard. The overwhelming aroma of "been simmering on the stove all day" spaghetti sauce hit me and I was immediately hungry for spaghetti! ;-Þ

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~