Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Photobucket Tis the season for pumpkins and the delectable pumpkin pie! My new banner was actually the pumpkin patch Amanda went to over the weekend and she shared the photos with me from her facebook! I just got back from Jamison's farm and orchard.
Photobucket I could have spent a fortune in there today. They have such wonderful fruits, veggies, and assorted goodies!
Photobucket
I bought Lynn one of his early birthday presents. His own jar of fresh apple butter! I also bought one of their dried soup mixes, cheddar, potato with bacon! Yum! I started to get a bag of chopped black walnuts- about $5.25 for a cup of nuts. They make me think of the fabulous apple cake my grandma used to make! Alas, no one can make it quite like she could!!!
Pumpkin Pie
Photobucket

INGREDIENTS
1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 eggs
1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated Milk

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell.
Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.

4 comments:

  1. What a neat store! I love the pictures, especially the pumpkin patch in your header, with the rolling hills in the background. Just beautiful! :-)

    I will be making my mom's Fresh Apple Cake recipe soon (need to get more apples first!). I was so thankful that I had her copy of it stuck in a cookbook at my house when her house burned. It was written many years ago in her handwriting, and I'll give it to my daughter some day. Maybe I should laminate it before it crumbles away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. Including adding the recipe! I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great new look for fall your blog has. Looks like I'd love Jamison's also :). Those aprons hanging on the wall caught my eye right off. My niece recently posted a fresh apple cake on her blog and I've made it twice now. It just tastes like fall. Thanks for your call today. You are a real dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think pumpkin pie is my FAVORITE! I miss Jamison's, but am glad they look to be doing well and keeping a busy shop. Those apples look tasty!

    Love you & hope you're having a good week,

    dd

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~