Friday, October 17, 2008

Show and Tell Friday

Photobucket
For more Show and Tell go here!
I love to go shopping the after Chirstmas sales and a couple of years ago at K Mart I bought two topiary lighted trees that I thought I'd use on the porch, but then again I was afraid they'd get too messed up so I used one in the sunroom and the other in the parlor. Well, I liked them so much I just use them all year round. I love the ambiant light they give and they are fun to decorate seasonally. The one in the front room is actually my bird tree. I love to collect birds and I love to play music that incorporates bird song. That coordinates very well.Photobucket
My other tree is used on the sunroom and is decorated by the season. I really enjoy it immensely, and if I dont feel like going all out with the live tree we used to get each year when Amanda was with us, we can just use this tree. I love it!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I think I have the exact same trees! I bought mine last year at the Day After Thanksgiving Sale at Michael's. I had them displayed on either side of my china cabinet at Christmas last year, undecorated, we just turned the lights on in the evenings. This year, I pulled one out and decorated it for autumn - I'll be sharing that next week!

    Thanks for visiting my Show & Tell, it's always great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely home and blog. Your red velvet chair is gorgeous. I have some gold ones from around the same era. Beautifully shared blog here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of having trees all year round, and decorating them seasonally. Not sure I could convince my husband though!

    Greetings from Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty....they 'fit into your decor perfectly'.

    PS...I also like your blog layout design.

    My show n tell is posted...come on over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat idea! I wish I had room to keep something like that up and decorate seasonally - it would be so much fun!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful collection.
    Have a great week.
    Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY! Pretty! And what fun to change up! Love your window display:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have wanted to get a couple (or even one) topiaries but haven't so far. I'm with you though...if I had them, I'd leave them up year round. I do have a ficus that I have an uplight shining on and it gives the same kind of ambient light. I love it. Your home is absolutely gorgeous. I feel as if I've gotten to know a lot more about you by seeing your homey home. Hope you are in the middle of a beautiful and fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog and your home are both so pretty...I love your bird tree...I have a bird theme on my Christmas Tree each year. When we go on vacation I always look for a bird ornament as a momento of our vacation...

    Thanks for sharing,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your trees- and the placement of them in your home are beautiful! I have often thought about that as I take my small trees down after Christmas- maybe I'll try it this year:)
    ~Linda C

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~