Thursday, October 9, 2008

Jane Austen's Settings

Jane Austen continues to pain us a pictorial of Bath, a city in Somerset in the southwest of England, known for its Roman baths it was a favored retreat for the Beau Monde. Chapter 5 of Northanger Abbey opens with Catherine's continuing endeavor to see and be seen by her new friend , dare she hope, admirer, Mr. Tilney. But when on a Sunday afternoon the PumpRoom fails to offer the type of society one who wish to commune with, the ton frequents the beautiful Royal Crescent with its glorious environs.
Photobucket
I am sure that the Allen's party walked the Pulteney Bridge daily in their excursions around fair Bath!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to come by and let you know.... that you have been a LIGHT! Your spirit of friendship, of caring for others, and so much more has always burned bright. I so appreciate the kindness you have always shown.
    You do shine, in all the right ways.
    Friendship Blessings~Kelly Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is such a sweet blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos bring back memories of my visit to Bath. The architecture is spectacular. Last night I finished Chapter 11 because I got caught up in the charming dialogue and situations.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~