Friday, October 10, 2008

My Husband Rocks, Friday



Check here for more or to participate!
Lynn is such a sweet heart. This morning I awoke with a terrible catch in my shoulder which sometimes creates a gripping pain when I move in certain ways and I automatically yelp in pain. Lynn tried to call me after he got to work to check on me, but I was out doing some errands. It concerned him so much- he thought I had suffered some type of stroke or something and was lying, writhing on the floor and was preparing to return home -when I called him on my cell phone to check in on him at the office. AW!!! I think he is still coming home from work early today to be here with me. I just think that is the sweetest!
Another thing:
Last night I was trying to have a nice dinner for him. I decorated the sunroom table:PhotobucketPhotobucket and prepared a delicious homemade potato and broccoli soup with Tuscan bread, and we sat down to parttake, but we both noticed the soup had a strange consistency. Not bad, but .....fluffy! Suspicious, I got up from the table and went to check out something! ....Yes, that was it..... I mistook the baking soda for corn starch.
So I created a new dining concept- instant bicarbonate treatment with your meal.It didnt taste bad, it was just fluffy soup. I'm not too sure it will catch on in the major markets, but my sweetheart did take the rest of it for his lunch today. Now that is a sweetheart, wouldn't you agree???
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I agree. He does sound like a sweet husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes, SODA SOUP! what a sweet dad :)

    love you!
    -dd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fluffy soup!! Too funny. Your table looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT IS a REAL sweetheart!!! (and so is his lovely wife who went all out for a special dinner with her sweetheart!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Carolyn,

    Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am so glad you did.

    How I love that you set a special table for you and your husband to dine at. I have to smile at your new dining concept of fluffy soup. I think many of us can say we have done something similar. Your attitude about it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He sounds like a super guy, and you are indeed a blessed woman.

    My hubby eats anything I put in front of him, and sometimes that's a real sacrifice on his part. ;-Þ

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~