Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Word for Today

Photobucket
Believe
Do we truly believe God's Word? It is one thing to believe in God, and to claim Jesus as our Lord and Saviour, but believing God's Word is something entirely different, and I am afraid that society and the world has conditioned us to live our lives in such a way that we are too comfortable in our own fleshly skin to utterly believe and apply the Word rightly and profitably to do kingdom work. For example, look at John 14: 9-14.
Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? 10Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. 12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
So there it is verse 11-14. Believe Jesus enough to take up His cross and follow Him in doing what we saw Him doing- even greater things because we have His Holy Spirit living inside of us! I don't know about you but I know I am not applying this verse rightly. I need to take Jesus out of the neat little box I have placed Him in, a box marked by the confines of my finite mind and comfort zone. I need to move into that place of co-laboring with Him and His spirit to promote His kingdom on earth. To me this is huge- monumental, yet it has been there in the scripture all along, yet where are our mentors in this. Where can we look here in the church to see brothers and sisters operating in this realm? Just keeping looking at Him. He is our role model. We are to do what He did, yet even greater things because he is with the Father, interceding for us and sending His Spirit to empower us. What a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~