Sunday, August 17, 2008

MY 200th POST

Photobucket
For my 200th post I wish to tell about our fantastic road trip we took yesterday with a group from my church. We traveled only about 30 miles to a neighboring county to a community theater to see
Photobucket
We loaded up our 2 church buses and headed up the interstate around 1:00 and the day couldnt have been more grand.The mood of the bus was expectant and fun! We knew it was going to be a great adventure. The roadside sights welcomed us with lovely views!
Photobucket
When we arrived at the theater, I have to admit I was so taken back by the new facility. The last production we had seen had been held at the local middle school. We were all mightily impressed!
Photobucket
The musical was terrific! I was entranced by the quality of the volunteer thespians. The music was delightful, the costumes were amazing, and the acting, dancing, singing was expressive and enchanting, especially our dear Annie, who was fabulous!! Around 6 we had reloaded our buses and were heading back down the road to our favorite haunt-
Photobucket
Considering the time of day and the fact another busload of church theater-goers had piled out right in front of us, the service was really good and timely and we were soon back on our buses and heading for home. We had the distinct pleasure of riding back beside our dear, sweet Pastor Jim. He delighted us with his off the cuff humor, and I just have to share one little tid bit for posterity! When I told him I was taking his photo to put on my blog, he sprang to attention, and added, "Oh my, I take pepto bismol for the blogs!"
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What fun! Thank you for the collage info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the musical was fun and that you all enjoyed your trip. Pastor Jim is so funny!

    Love,
    dd

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~