Friday, August 1, 2008

Show and Tell Friday

Photobucket

Welcome to Show and Tell Friday, hosted by Kelly. This has been a great week for us in our household, albeit, a very short week. I really cannot believe how quickly the month of July sped along and it is really now August. The temps have heated up so much and the air outside is so sultry I was looking for something cooling to show off today. The beautiful hobnail pitcher sprang to my mind. My great grandmother in Galax, Virginia was known to have such lovely things. I've shared before about the beautiful home loomed quilt I inherited from her through my mother, but this pitcher came to me through my mother's first cousin, who had received it from her grandmother whom she had known and revered so much. I treasure this lovely blue glass above many things I have received through time.Photobucket>

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful jug, I can see why you treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful little pitcher. Very different in the blue color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool treasure-the pitcher AND your sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that is beautiful! and not because I love the color blue :). I think I've only seen hobnail in white.

    Your bloggie home looks great, you've made some changes, it's very inviting :).

    Have a Wonderful Evening!
    Kathi :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Love the blue pitcher! I'm a little late getting around to blogs today...computer problems!
    Nice to meet you...and visit again soon,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hobnail is such a pretty pattern and says vintage to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pitcher is a very nice heirloom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful pitcher...I have never seen one such a pretty blue before! I can't believe July is over either. It really flew by!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~