Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday

Photobucket

Lisa of Blessed with Grace is hosting this great blog carnival every Tuesday! Check out her site for more great recipes and kitchen hints!
Today I am looking so forward to autumn and the flavors I love. For me a favorite fall meal includes a bowl of savory soup. A great soup that incorporates the most healthy summer veggie is ...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Broccoli and Cheese Soup
2 T. finely chopped onion
2 T. butter
3 T. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 Tsp. coarse ground pepper
1 8 oz. package grated cheddar cheese
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 1/2 c.water
1 10 oz pkg frozen chopped broccoli or equivalent fresh broccoli flowerets chopped (I buy large bags of fresh broccoli at Sam's, which I love to use!)
In a sauce pan bring 1 1/2 c water to boil with the 2 bouillon cubes, add chopped broccoli and cook until done. Do not drain!
In a large soup pot cook onions in the butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper, until well blended (like a rue)- add 2 cups of milk and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add the cheese and stir until cheese is all melted. Remove from heat.
Add the broccoli and water to the cheese mixture and combine well. Return to very low heat and serve.
I'll guarantee rave reviews with this recipe!!!

3 comments:

  1. mmm! I think I'm going to make that tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had a recipe for this soup. I can't wait to try it. So glad you joined us and shared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this must be absolutely delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~