Friday, August 15, 2008

My Wedding Portrait

Photobucket

I have received a bit of interest in the bride in my vignette collage I posted earlier today. That is me in 1972. I had just graduated from Radford College and Lynn was serving in the army in Mannheim, Germany. He came home on furlough and we were married. I am always amazed how different little things influence the future unbeknowst to you until much later. My dress was in the Juliette style, I suppose made famous by the film with Olivia Hussey playing the lead role. The fact that it is a medieval style is not lost on me now as all things medieval just speak to me. I didnt realze then what an impact it would have on me 35 years later!

6 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful bride you were!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful portrait! You made a beautiful bride.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, what an awesome thing to have done!

    I love medieval clothing myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely portrait! You look beautiful and your gown so elegant. Very nice!

    LaTeaDah

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~